Bevboard

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: CCE Plant Codes

I've asked this before and never got an answer...but does anyone know what a code EN was in the Herbco system, maybe now for CCE. I found this on some 16 oz. glass bottles of Mello Yello bottled around 1994 (w/an old pre-insanity logo).

are those the infamous "seinfeld" bottles?
    woot woot

Our local CCE-Tri States canner runs out of product frequently by locally canner (HO), Indianapolis. I frequently see cans from (CN), Cincinnati, OH, (CV), Cleveland, TN, (RX)&(MD), Chicago, (WP) Milw., WI, (TB), Twinsburg, OH, (SL), St. Louis, & (PR), Portland, IN. I just bought some cans from (PR) and they have more info on the code date than I have seen before. CCE lists the outdate, plant code, time, and five digit can number. Example: (line #1) MAY1004PRC, (line #2) 1437-84987. The cans in the multi-pak had consectutive numbers.

I think Richmond (RM) does the consecutive numbering thing, too. I was stocking 12 packs one day and started looking at the numbers, and I realized they were changing, lol.

Not CCE codes, but Coke USA/Minute maid codes for their juice box/frozen/chilled products. I can't 100% confirm these, because I keep reading things that seem to conflict the actual plant codes. Argh.

H - Hightstown, NJ (plant is closing)
    G - Geneva, OH (also GF)
    D - Auburndale, FL (could also be code DA)

PW - Paw Paw, MI
    SI - Superstore Industries, Turlock, CA (copacker)
    LE - Cutrale, Leesburg FL (copacker)

Still no idea on what WK is, though. KMX is produced there.... Though our KMX is ordered and delivered from Northampton MA (NP). So, I assume that WK is in close proximity to NP.

paw paw michigan? i didn't think there was a facility there in that little town.

hey i saw an "ss" on an old bottle in my attic. i should take picturs of some of the old bottles i've got and put em on the web.

i love seeing "49 cents" on twenty ounces, or the old sixteen ounce glass bottles that were made at many plants.
    woot woot

SS is Silver Spring, MD I believe.

The current SS may not be as old as the bottle that he's talking about. Silver Spring was once a sales center that was converted into 20 ounce production when the Rockville sales center was opened. I can't remember when that actually happened, though.

Silver Spring only makes loose 20 ounce. They did make 20 ounce 6 packs, but when CCE introduced the 24 ounce 6 pack, they did away with the 20ounce 6 pack.

When CCE ran a 12 pack 20 ounce promotion with the club chains (BJs, etc), they had to send the loose bottles out to another company who packaged them in cardboard trays and shrinkwrapped them.

The Paw Paw plant produces juice boxes. The facility is just west of the center of town, not too far off of I-94, on Red Arrow Highway.

Just bringing this to the top, to see if anyone's found any other codes.

I read an article that sheds some light on why Coke United uses the code EL for their stuff that's produced in Birmingham, AL. Turns out the facility is on East Lake Blvd.

Birmingham Coca-Cola turns 100