I cant contribute much about CCE, but Ive got other information about Coke in the Carolinas. Some of this will repeat information already posted
Starting from the CCBCC territory map, taken from their website:
(note: Territories include the Piedmont Coca-Cola Bottling Partnership joint venture with The Coca-Cola Company)
The non-Consolidated pieces of the jigsaw puzzle are:
1. Durham Coca-Cola, est. 1906 by the Rand family, still family owned (3rd generation.) code-AF. They produce 20oz., ½L, 2L, 10oz glass. They source 2Ls from Southeast Container near Asheville, glass bottles from Wilson NC (Im assuming its the Saint-Gobain facility.) Their territory includes the city of Durham and the counties of Durham, Orange, Granville, Vance and part of Wake. Member of the Bishopville co-op.
2. Sanford Coca-Cola. Located in Sanford/Lee Co., NC. Established 1970 by the Ingram family, still family owned. code-SN. They produce 2L (also from Southeast Container) and 8oz glass (comes from Mexico City.) Territory is Lee, part of Harnett (Lillington) and Chatham counties. Member of the Bishopville co-op.
3. Aberdeen Coca-Cola. Located in Aberdeen/Moore Co., NC. Founded 1913 by Gibson Seymour, still family owned. Territory covers the counties of Moore, Hoke and a small part of Montgomery (Candor.) Member of the Bishopville co-op, no onsite production.
4. Washington Coca-Cola. Located in Washington/Beaufort Co., NC. Founded in 1911 by Dawson family, still family owned. Territory covers western part of Beaufort Co. and parts of Martin and Pitt counties. Member of the Bishopville co-op, no onsite production.
5. CCE Mid-Atlantic, office in Elizabeth City.
6. Coke United, office in Spartanburg. Member of the Bishopville co-op. United also covers the area around North Augusta SC (from Augusta GA) and the tip of SC near Savannah (from Brunswick GA.)
7. Rock Hill Coca-Cola Bottling Company. Located in Rock Hill/York Co., SC. Founded in 1908 by W.M. Mauldin, still family owned. Member of the Bishopville co-op. They do not produce directly, all of their products come from either CCBCC or Bishopville. Territory is York Co., SC.
8. Orangeburg Coca-Cola, est. 1905 and purchased by the Avinger family in 1969/70. Located in Orangeburg/Orangeburg Co., SC. Territory includes Orangeburg and Calhoun counties (south of Columbia.) Member of the Bishopville co-op, no onsite production.
Sources of information: most comes directly from each bottler so I believe it to be fairly accurate; also used some SIC search data from Harris Infosource (a subscription service.)
Other bits & pieces
Consolidateds Snyder production facility (SY) was named for the Snyder family who started Charlotte Coca-Cola in 1902.
South Atlantic Canners in Bishopville, SC is a co-op that produces cans and PET for its members. Consolidated manages the plant; the board of directors is made up of 1 representative from each member, with each rep. having 1 vote. The members include CCBCC, Durham, Sanford, Aberdeen, Washington, Rock Hill, Orangeburg, and Coke United. I dont think CCE is a member.
Although most of the indies which are non-bottlers/canners source from Bishopville, some product is purchased directly from CCBCC.
The CCBCC products we get in Winston-Salem come from Roanoke (RE) and Charlotte (SY.)
90 years of Cheer...1917-2007