Bevboard

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: CCE Plant Codes

This week we have CCE products in Indy from (HO) local, (CN), (FL), (TB), (MD), (CV), (ET), (SL), (WP) & (CP). Stuff is coming in from as far as Georgia. I still am unsure where (ET) is? It appears they have shut down the 500ml line here as most product comes from (CN). (HO) now does 24oz. 20oz singles may have also been phased out at (HO) as most product comes from elseware. Most 24 suitcases are (HO), but fridge paks come from many different places.

[ 12-22-2003, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

How's the 24 ounce selection?

We've got Coke, Diet, CF Diet, Sprite, Vanilla, Nestea, MM Lemonade, and Dasani. I also saw Dr Pepper and Mello Yello from Cleveland TN (CV) when I was down there this summer.

And speaking of 24 packs, does anyone know if any other canners besides Mid-Atlantic (HM) use a cube-style box instead of the suitcase/slab box?

The only other canner I've seen to use the cube was Mid-Atlantic Zanesville, before they shut down operations.

Originally posted by fusion:
    How's the 24 ounce selection?

We've got Coke, Diet, CF Diet, Sprite, Vanilla, Nestea, MM Lemonade, and Dasani. I also saw Dr Pepper and Mello Yello from Cleveland TN (CV) when I was down there this summer.

And speaking of 24 packs, does anyone know if any other canners besides Mid-Atlantic (HM) use a cube-style box instead of the suitcase/slab box?
    *raises hand* Coke Great Plains is using cubes for all their products, including DP.

I have yet to see a CCE bottler tho use a cube.

CCE-Los Angeles though AFAIK runs only Coke, Diet, and Sprite (they may have Pepper in the areas south of here) in 24 pack suitcases.

In 24 packs, we (meaning CCE Mid-Atlantic) regularly have Coke, Sprite, Diet, CF Diet, CF Coke, Vanilla, Seagram's, Nestea Cool, and MM Lemonade. I've also recently seen Diet Sprite and Diet Coke w/ Lemon in 24 packs, though they may have been one-time runs, I'm not sure.

I know they used to sell other flavors, like Surge and Fresca in 24pks.. and MAC used to produce other flavors like Sunkist and Barq's for the old Herbco territories in NE Pennsylvania (in cubes, not suitcases).

[ 12-26-2003, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

Now we have some product in Indy from (RM), Richmond and (MP). Does anyone know where (MP) is? Also has anyone figured out where (ET) is?

Originally posted by fusion:
    II= this is a Dasani plant, somewhere in the Pittsburgh metro area.
    Washington, PA, to be specific.

Yup. Former Cameron Coke area. They produce all our 24 ounce. We used to get 20oz and 16.9oz from there, but since Richmond (RM) production added on a Dasani line, they produce those packages now. I guess II produces more for the EGL and NY divisions now. But then again, Twinsburg (TB) also has a Dasani line, as does Maspeth Queens NY production. (KM) We still get 12oz 12pk and 24pk from Maspeth.

I can’t contribute much about CCE, but I’ve got other information about Coke in the Carolinas. Some of this will repeat information already posted…

Starting from the CCBCC territory map, taken from their website:

(note: Territories include the Piedmont Coca-Cola Bottling Partnership joint venture with The Coca-Cola Company)

The non-Consolidated pieces of the jigsaw puzzle are:

1. Durham Coca-Cola, est. 1906 by the Rand family, still family owned (3rd generation.) code-AF. They produce 20oz., ½L, 2L, 10oz glass. They source 2L’s from Southeast Container near Asheville, glass bottles from Wilson NC (I’m assuming it’s the Saint-Gobain facility.) Their territory includes the city of Durham and the counties of Durham, Orange, Granville, Vance and part of Wake. Member of the Bishopville co-op.

2. Sanford Coca-Cola. Located in Sanford/Lee Co., NC. Established 1970 by the Ingram family, still family owned. code-SN. They produce 2L (also from Southeast Container) and 8oz glass (comes from Mexico City.) Territory is Lee, part of Harnett (Lillington) and Chatham counties. Member of the Bishopville co-op.

3. Aberdeen Coca-Cola. Located in Aberdeen/Moore Co., NC. Founded 1913 by Gibson Seymour, still family owned. Territory covers the counties of Moore, Hoke and a small part of Montgomery (Candor.) Member of the Bishopville co-op, no onsite production.

4. Washington Coca-Cola. Located in Washington/Beaufort Co., NC. Founded in 1911 by Dawson family, still family owned. Territory covers western part of Beaufort Co. and parts of Martin and Pitt counties. Member of the Bishopville co-op, no onsite production.

5. CCE Mid-Atlantic, office in Elizabeth City.

6. Coke United, office in Spartanburg. Member of the Bishopville co-op. United also covers the area around North Augusta SC (from Augusta GA) and the tip of SC near Savannah (from Brunswick GA.)

7. Rock Hill Coca-Cola Bottling Company. Located in Rock Hill/York Co., SC. Founded in 1908 by W.M. Mauldin, still family owned. Member of the Bishopville co-op. They do not produce directly, all of their products come from either CCBCC or Bishopville. Territory is York Co., SC.

8. Orangeburg Coca-Cola, est. 1905 and purchased by the Avinger family in 1969/70. Located in Orangeburg/Orangeburg Co., SC. Territory includes Orangeburg and Calhoun counties (south of Columbia.) Member of the Bishopville co-op, no onsite production.

Sources of information: most comes directly from each bottler so I believe it to be fairly accurate; also used some SIC search data from Harris Infosource (a subscription service.)

Other bits & pieces…

Consolidated’s Snyder production facility (SY) was named for the Snyder family who started Charlotte Coca-Cola in 1902.

South Atlantic Canners in Bishopville, SC is a co-op that produces cans and PET for its members. Consolidated manages the plant; the board of directors is made up of 1 representative from each member, with each rep. having 1 vote. The members include CCBCC, Durham, Sanford, Aberdeen, Washington, Rock Hill, Orangeburg, and Coke United. I don’t think CCE is a member.

Although most of the indies which are non-bottlers/canners source from Bishopville, some product is purchased directly from CCBCC.

The CCBCC products we get in Winston-Salem come from Roanoke (RE) and Charlotte (SY.)

enough already.
    90 years of Cheer...1917-2007

CCE usually doesn't buy from CCBCC, but I did notice that they were buying Dasani FPs from SY for the Richmond area when I was down there last year.

The Sandston production facility in Richmond (RM) produces all packages for the Mid-Atlantic division, though most of their product stays in the southern sales centers (Richmond, Norfolk, Yorktown, Elizabeth City..).

The exceptions are 24oz and 16.9oz 6 packs (they are the only Mid-Atlantic facility that produces them), Mello Yello FPs (Baltimore production has never ran these for some odd reason), and Dasani. The Dasani line was added the middle of last year, and has produced 16.9 6 packs and 12 packs, 20 ounce loose, and they just started making Dasani FPs in the last week or so (we haven't received our initial shipment yet).

At times we will get Richmond produced FPs or 2L, if the northern production facilities aren't running that brand at that time.

So I really don't see why CCE would have someone on the board of Bishopville. They prefer to stay inside the company when buying product. That's the big reason why Mid-Atlantic Canners' Zanesville Ohio (ZN) facility closed. It lost all the can business when CCE bought out Herbco.