Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have a great plan for Coke that would help them to compeate with Moutain Dew, and make millions of dollars in profit. Here is what I would do. It seems that a ton of Coke machines and fountains across the country have a setup something like this... 1.Coca Cola 2.Diet Coke 3.Sprite 4.Bargs 5.Cherry Coke/Vailla Coke 6.Coca Cola
    A lot of times you will see a double Coke label in a machine or fountain like above. If I was the head of the Coca Cola company, I would cancel out every double Coke in ever Fountain or Machine nationwide and replace it with Mello Yello. I don't see how this plan could fail. Even if you take away a few double Coke slots and replace them with Mello Yello, I don't think this will affect regular Coke sales at all. And if Coke introduces Mello Yello nationally this way, they won't have to take away small brands in there machies or fountains like Diet Sprite or Minute Maid to add Mello Yello. I believe this idea would make Coke tons of money. And it could possibly awake a sleeping Giant - Mello Yello

So what do you people of the Board think of my plan to introduce Mello Yello nationwide. Would it work? I'm thinking of wrighting to Coke about this.

It would help Mello Yello, but I am not sure if it would become national because of that. Coke is funny with some of their products, I mean you can try writing to them, but they will tell you something stupid like "oh that's up to your local bottler". As far as Mello Yello being sold national, anything is possible just look at diet cherry Coke most people did not know that was made and now it is national again.

There's the problem that doubling up is because that's the top seller. In some places it's Diet Coke or Dasani that's doubled (or tripled) up because those will run out long before the others.

And as I said on the Pepsi Holiday board, Coke is chicken about national rollouts.

mello yello is awesome, i love the taste and love it even more because it isnt pepsi [img]smile.gif[/img] id love for that plan to work, id introduce it to CCE soon
    Seano

that plan kicks ass
    Seano

Sounds good, but the response by the consumer upon finding the Coke being sold out (or one that Coke fears) would often be: "The machine ran out of Coke, so I won't get anything", or ever more dreaded by Coke/CCE: "The machine ran out of Coke, so I'll get a Pepsi from the machine next to this one". The same for Pepsi.

Now, if Coke/CCE (or Pepsi) researchs out the average sales of each product in each area, then they MIGHT find EXACTLY how many slots they need for each product, with the possibility of freeing up slots for reintroductions/new products.

I stil maintain that BOTH Coca Cola & Pepsi Cola have reached such a point of market saturation (how many people have tried neither but will start buying either based on ads?) AND product prefference (Will a Pepsi buyer switch to Coke just because of an ad?, and visa versa? I had one Boss where if there was no Coke at a Restaraunt he'd order an Iced Tea instead, forget Pepsi for him, no matter how many ads they have) that I think both are throwing away a lot of money with their ads for their colas.

Now, ads for the cola variants of both, & other products will do MUCH more good. I think Mello Yello falls in this class.
    Life is too short to drink crummy sodas...

I understand what you mean by Coke being afraid of not having Coca Cola in there machines.But if Coke would make special regulations to there own distributors to make sure there machines are full, I don't think they would have to worry about running out. Instead of worrying about Coke being in there machines they should be more concerned with there Mello Yello sales. Why doesn't Coke see how much Mountain Dew hurts there company. You see MD is a very youthfull drink. And the fact that all these kids are drinking Mountain Dew *and that Coke has hardly any competition* may cause Mountain Dew drinkers to favor Pepsi over Coke.

And another thing you said was that Coke over advertises it's regular brand. That is very true. I mean a person is either going to drink Coke or Pepsi and a comercial isn't going to change that. If I were in chare of Coke, I would carry through with the plan above, put Mello Yello in every convienence and grocery store, and then switch 50% of regular Coke sales to Mello Yello.

That's 50% of Coke *ads* - not sales

Originally posted by melloyelloluver:
    .But if Coke would make special regulations to there own distributors to make sure there machines are full
    It is not always Coke or Pepsi who are responsible for filling the machines. Also do you think they are going to spend money to hire a couple guys to drive around in trucks making sure the machines are filled?
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

What I ment by saying *Coke should make special regulations to there own distributors to make sure there machines are full* - is Coke should know when to replace soda in it's machines, and should time the delivery trucks right to make sure there Regular Coca Cola doesn't run out. They don't need to hire people to make sure the machines are full. And secondly, I can't believe Coke lets there individual bottlers deside wheather or not to carry a soda. Coke should be in charge of the bottlers. It seems the bottlers are in charge of Coke.