Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I haven't read much on here about Coca-Cola/ Nestea's Gold Peak teas yet. What do you think?

I am hearing very, very favorable comments on them out in the trade. We've been out of stock on them some this week and have had some very disappointed customers.

My opinion: I've tried the Lemon and the Green Tea and like them very much. The diet Lemon is OK but I am not much of a diet drinker. I think there are two more flavors (one being a Sweet Tea without lemon) too but we are not carrying them in our area. They are replacing the current 16 oz. hot-fill Nesteas (in the plastic bottles) in our area.

The bottle is very attractive. I think someone did their homework on this one. It's a 16.9 oz. bottle but looks much larger than that. Compare it to Lipton's short 16 oz. bottle, there's a tremendous difference in the two, at least in appearance, although Gold Peak is only .9 oz. more. Anyway, IMO, this would lead the consumer to feel he is getting a lot more value for the money, and then he gets great taste too. This will definately bring in initial sales and then repeat customers as well.

So who has tried them, what do you think?

Nestea Gold Peak

Here is an article that you may find of interest.
    I have yet to see NGP. I'm going to the Kenosha Woodman's this weekend. If I find it (on sale LOL) I will buy it and offer my review. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-03-2006, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

The diet version isn't lemon flavored. It's just diet tea.

I have tried the lemon, green, and sweet. Despite the use of HFCS, these are good teas. I really liked the sweet. I found it in Philadelphia Coke territory, apparently CCE is only selling the lemon, green, and diet for now?

It's all being produced in California, in American Canyon (code AC).

The bottle is very attractive, but the labels fall short, in my opinion. But it does look better than the rocket 16oz it's replacing. It's taking some getting used to with this glass packaging, we haven't had single serve glass for a long time.

Acme has them 10/$10 this week, and they are featured in a back to school ad for the next two weeks at 10/$10 as well.

The official website is

http://www.goldpeaktea.com/

Godiva Belgian Blends are due out next week.

zabe, i might go to woodmans tommorrow, ill see if they have it here.

Thanks Rob.

I found 3 flavors of Gold Peak this morning at my local Jewel grocery store. They were priced at $1.29 (not on sale). The shape of the bottle reminds me of a small wine bottle. I must say it is a rather sexy presentation. The label dose have a certain elegance being that it is for a mass produced sugar tea. LOL

I brought a few lemon flavored and few green tea flavored bottles. The are cooling down in the fridge but soon I will post back with my tasting reviews.

I just tasted(drank) the Lemon and the Green Tea Gold Peak ice teas.

1. The tea flavor was strong but not so that I did not enjoy it. LOL In my silly way of expressing my beverage tasting experiences;the tea flavor tasted like a non stop commuter train entering and then leaving the train station. I have never tasted an Ice Tea that so reminded me of homemade sun tea.

2. Both teas had a balanced sweetness in that,I was not over powered with the "HFCS" after burn efffect.

3. IMO Gold Peak was a notch above the Limpton Glass Ice tea. Gold Peak IMO was well worth the $1.29 I paid for it. If you like a nice "perky" ice tea that goes down smooth, then Gold Peak is a good choice.

4. The only hope is that Coca Cola gets it's act together and employees a solid marketing plan.

[ 08-06-2006, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Fusion: thanks for your correction on my Diet Tea not containing lemon. Not sure what I was thinking on that! I'll be down in Philly Coke's area this week so I'll try to get some of the Sweet tea there. We were told that the "higher-ups" of CCE made the decision to only sell the three flavors (lemon, diet and green) in our area. But I don't know how widespread this is or how "higher-up" these decision makers are. But glad to know that Philly is carrying the other flavors so I am anxious to try them.

well, we had goldpeak for about 2 weeks, and have since stopped the distribution and went back to selling 160z nestea.

we are an independent bottling company (ozarks coca-cola/dr. pepper bottling company) so we have to score contract with CCE to distribute prdoucts. well, supposedly, there was some hidden language in the contract we agreed to, so we pulled out and we are still in negotiations to get gold peak back. i'm sure we will, but it could be a few weeks yet.

as far as the quality, it's excellent. it's got the fresh brewed taste that nestea doesnt have. a great quality tea, i really hope we get it back.

BevNet didn't give them a great review and then trashed them further in the latest blog. When oh when will Coke get non carbs down?