Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Costco Sodas

I was happy and sad at the same time. Sad, because I saw Jones Energy Drink in Costco, that part did not make me sad, I was glad to see that company is still growing. But their price was at $14 per case (that is with a $4 instant savings), but even at $18, thats crazy for an 24 pack. Here is my thinking, they are shipping direct. Thats the only thing that made me sad. Playing for both the supplier and distributor, I can see both sides. The distributor, who works hard to make a profit and sell these drinks, is now drasticaly undercut by the supplier, and any store can go and stock up for what is probably cheaper than the distributors cost. The supplier side, Jones says they have the right to sell to who they want, and this is why they have now became profitable. Cutting out the middle man in many things. I dont know what they sell their drinks to distributors for, or if this is shipped direct. But a $14 per case energy drink, I just hate to see a product that can sell, price its self for a closeout price.
    The HAPPY SIDE, which actually does the same thing as Jones I guess, so maybe I am just hypocritical. Is I found BOYLANS at Costco. Its a 15 pack mix box (5 Root Beer, 5 Orange and Cream, and 5 Black Cherry), and it was only like $8...thats a great deal.

Those Boylans flavors sound good, I hope Costco has them in LA.

I have been buying myJones at Target in the 12 pack 4 about 3 4 $10.

can't beat that price for the 12 oz cans...and yeah...The Boylans flavors are extremly good...my wife can not stand fruit flavored drinks, and she could not believe how good the Black Cherry was

The Costco of my area doesn't have them... of course...

One question... does Costco U.S.A. sells Kirkland Signature Soda like here in Mex?. Once my parents bought a 2-liter six pack of Kirkland Signature Diet Cola and they liked it... BTW, is Costco store brand but is made by Cott.

[ 08-08-2006, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

Ron, leave it to the Club Stores to squeeze the margin out of the category. Sounds like the water category 6 years ago. I can still remember when stores would pay $12.00 for a case of NAYA or Avalon Water. Now you can buy 4 cases for $12.

MrR,
    I may be wrong,I beleive Kirkland is a brand that is sold in the States at K-Mart stores as well???
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Kirkland is Costco only.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

So that means that Kirkland soda is also available in U.S.

[ 08-08-2006, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

A little off this topic,

Costco has their Kirkland brand on Goetz Jelly Bellies.

I am pretty sure Kirkland is Costco only.

I believe Kirkland Signiture is a Costco Exclusive...
    Boylans Root Beer Float last night....WOW! That tasted good.