Bevboard

I just got another online product survey, this time for MD Phoenix, which they are calling a 'lightly carbonated energy drink'. Is was shown in a clear 20 oz bottle with brown "Phoenix" graphics oriented vertically and just small "MD" logos molded into the neck. They didn't say what the sweetener was or the caffiene levels, but asked a bunch of 'lifestyle' questions.

It was shown at $1.19 MSRP for 20 oz and stated that it would be available in cans and 2 liters as well.

MDX Redux?

Where's Electocution? What's the future of MDX? If this Phoenix comes to store shelves, does this mean MDX is gone?

I used to love MDX, but now I can't stand it... gives me an awful feeling in my stomach.

It's a wannabe energy drink.

We in the energy drink world regard it as the "poor mans energy drink". It's not got enough balls to be considered an energy drink.

Although I'd like to see what they come up with with this Phoenix thing.

The price on MDX keeps dropping in this area, I've seen it for $1.29 in Food Lion.

ya, the mdx prices here are 69-99 cents, with a 50 cent off coupon... i got an mdx once for 13 cents

Sounds pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing it around.

Lifestyle questions?

Why can't beverage advertising concentrate on taste?

So is MDX worth 13 cents?

Pepsi is starting to make themselves look rather lame in the testing of it's marketing program for new products. I agree, baby it's the taste not the wrapper that will keep the core consumer of the new generation of "Lite" energy drinks.

IMO if Pepsi is worried enough to spend big bucks with a somewhat blind survey of a new brands "wrapper" then the product is most likely marginal in quality(taste).
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba