Bevboard

Is it just me, or do diet drinks sweetened with splenda make anyone else thirstier. I've noticed that the back of my throat gets rather scratchy and it doesn't really seem to satisfy my thirst. This doesn't happen with "old formula" diet drinks. Does this happen to anyone else? Just curious.
    Jack's Mom
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously."

All I can say is that not only does Splenda taste nasty (IMO) it makes me ill.

[ 08-10-2006, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
    All I can say is that not only does Splenda taste nasty (IMO) it makes me ill.
    After a couple of drinks of soda flavored with splenda and the subsequent headaches, I am off that stuff.

It's either real cain sugar or water for me! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I remember when they introduced those potaoto chips with Olestra in the late 1990's and it really made my mom sick.

I guess these synthetic products are worse in the long run?

Originally posted by jacksmom:
    Is it just me, or do diet drinks sweetened with splenda make anyone else thirstier. I've noticed that the back of my throat gets rather scratchy and it doesn't really seem to satisfy my thirst. This doesn't happen with "old formula" diet drinks. Does this happen to anyone else? Just curious.
    YEs, yes yes yes yes! I brought up the same point to me a few months back. To me Splenda beverages most notably flavored waters are ok, but leave kind of a scratchy feeling in the back of my throat, which makes me not want to drink more. Also it seems to not quench my thrist and want something else afterwars.

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/cgi-b...=003276#000000
    Feed the rush!

I've noticed it with flavored waters only. Blech, that stuff isn't worth drinking, in my opinion.

splenda is over-rated.
    banned

When I drink Ciel Naturae or Peñafiel Naturel (both with sucralose) I don't feel thirstier... obviously... if they're ice cold...

[ 08-11-2006, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

I am complete dis-agreement. I love Splenda sweetened drinks! Sugar drinks make me thirsty. Nutra-Sweet can give me headaches and I am not a fan of saccharin. Are you sure it isn't the sodium benzoate that is making your throat feel scratchy?
    banned

I've decided to try and force myself to stay away from Splenda-sweetened drinks. They seem to be giving me a pretty bad case of indigestion.