Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone tried this "new" cola from Safeway. Is this a new product or a repackaged product??

Safeway has completely redone the logo and packaging on every one of their sodas, but they're all still the same formulae.

DJHS
    I was pretty sure that was the case. Too bad that they did not improve the formula as compared to other store brand soda pops, Safeway's are barely drinkable.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Here in Mex., Safeway sodas (Select) are available at Ley Supermarkets, I haven't bought one yet... I wonder if it will be relaunced as Go2 Cola here too?

[ 08-14-2006, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

All of their sodas are getting new names/packaging. They've been phasing them here recently (I live near one of Cott's plants in Pennsylvania, so the product doesn't have to go too far).

I actually find some of Safeway's sodas to be quite palatable, especially their cola and grapefruit soda.

DJHS
    Have you drank any Safeway soda pop as of recent?I picked up some fresh root beer and it was real piss water. I also picked up some cherry cola which I use to enjoy,it was horrible. Both soda's tasted very weak in flavor.

Our local Jewel brand is very tasty. [img]smile.gif[/img] I buy it often when my beloved Pepsi is not on sale.

[ 08-14-2006, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
    DJHS
    I was pretty sure that was the case. Too bad that they did not improve the formula as compared to other store brand soda pops, Safeway's are barely drinkable.
    Wow Mr.Z, I am surprized to hear you say that. I am not a fan at all of house brand/private lable soda's, but Safeway has a fantastic line of private soda's. Their grapefruit is as good as squirt, if not better.

In general, Safeway has a fantastic line of house brands, from salsa to frozen foods. They have found a real nitch in the supermarket industry when it comes to store brands.

I basically agreed with you a year ago. About 8 or 9 months ago IMO the quality of Safeway soda pop's changed for the worse. IMO even at a $1 a six pack, swamp water is still swamp water.

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
    I basically agreed with you a year ago. About 8 or 9 months ago IMO the quality of Safeway soda pop's changed for the worse. IMO even at a $1 a six pack, swamp water is still swamp water.
    I do hear you on that. Though, I really don't buy the safeway stuff anymore.