Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I am desperately trying to get my hands on glass bottled mountain dew. I want to buy 2-3 cases, but the bottler in West Jefferson can't ship their cases because of a lawsuit between Pepsi and the State of California (the folks at the bottler were really nice about it). Anyway, I am looking for someone that lives in the area or is taking a pilgrimage to WJ to send me a couple of cases. I will pay for the soda, the shipping, and extra for your troubles. West Jefferson could have sent it for about $33, so I would probably pay $40 per case.

Thanks

Try PEPSI in Memphis MO. The last time I was there they were still bottling in glass.

http://www.pepsimemphismo.com/index.php

All US Pepsi Bottles have ceased production of glass returnables. Memphis, Lewiston & Davenport have all shut down their glass lines.

Can West Jefferson ship to non-California destinations? (Do they do any direct shipping? I've gotten their product through beveragesdirect.com in the past, but they seem to not be handling them now.)

-Doug

Since the issue of the lawsuit is West Jefferson distributing product outside of their own franchised territory, they will likely stick strictly to their home area until it is resolved. And unfortunately I think the odds are in favor of them losing this issue.

As far as Memphis goes, they were the last Pepsi bottler for returable glass in the USA, but even so, they would not sell to the public, they were just filling for their own small circuit of captive vending machine route by then. But last fall, their bottle washing machine died for the last time, it was not worth fixing so the line was retired.

-Andy
    Give me some cane sugar Pepsi in a glass bottle!!

West Jefferson won't ship to Utah. They said that it is too close to California. (????) The way that they said that they couldn't ship to Utah made it sound like if I was closer to North Carolina, say Ohio or Tennessee, then they would be able to ship it. I am not sure though.

They can not ship to anything outside of their territory (which I think is only a few counties big). I am sure glad that I stocked up with a few extra cases when I heard that the hammer came down.

I heard that WJ is also limiting the amount that you can buy. Does anyone know how many cases they are allowing you to buy at one time?

Here's the article about how the Memphis plant closed.

Originally posted by Dr. Galaga:

I heard that WJ is also limiting the amount that you can buy. Does anyone know how many cases they are allowing you to buy at one time?
    I'm curious about this as well. It seems like I remember reading Dublin was limiting the number to 25 cases or something at one time.
    banned

I have been lurking in this board for a while. This topic prompted me to join. I originally found this board while trying to locate Mt Dew in a glass bottle. I wound up getting a case from W. Jefferson last year. I must say I was very disappointed. I used to drink an 8 pk of bottles a day in the late 80's. I'm not sure if I have just become accustom to the taste of Mt Dew in a can , or the formula used in the bottles is that different than what I used to drink. It almost tasted like diet. I also bought some Dr Pepper at the same time and I was not crazy about it either. Has anyone else experienced this?