Bevboard

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

I am already getting excited for Passover Coke. If anyone doesn't know what it is, it is when Coke starts to produce Coke with REAL sugar instead of HFCS. They do this for the Jewish holiday of Passover, which you are not allowed to eat certain food items such as corn syrup, because of this Coke produces Coca-Cola and Sprite in 2L and sometimes in cans that have real sugar in it. You can tell Passover Coke from Regular Coke because it has yellow caps and has a KP on it or another kosher symbol with a P after it. Passover begins in the beginning of April and they usually start to produce these about 2 weeks before so we have a bout 2 months till you can stock up. They usually only produce them around cities with a fairly large Jewish population but most fairly big cities in the US (New York, Chicago, LA, Miami, etc.) have them.
    ---AzRocks----

do we have to go to a special jewish store? or will regular stores have it too?

i live in nyc, and will definitely try to find some. just to see if there's any difference.

also, is there a kosher version of pepsi too? or is this just part of the "coke side of life?" LOL
    banned

most big stores will have it in the NYC area
    there is a difference between Kosher and Kosher for Passover. Pepsi, Coke and baisically every soda is Kosher all year round except for Passover. I believe that pepsi has a kosher for passover version too of just pepsi but coke proabably will be easier to find
    ---AzRocks----

thanks for the clarification.

i'll definitely look for it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    banned

Speaking of the Chicago Jewish demographic; there are some areas both in Chicago and it's suburbs that have large Jewish communities.

A good number of the large Chain stores,Domiciks and Jewels, will carry Kosher for Passover soda pop. I have see Coke;I recall in 2lts bottles.
    I have seen KP Coke in the north suburbs. I rarely go into the city of Chicago so I could not tell you if the chain stores carry KP Coke.

My guess would be they would.

coke with sugar better be as good as you've said it is, zabe!
    banned

Coke with sugar is the bench mark for most serious older soda pop freaks. LOL I remember when I at the age of 9 was sipping a cold Coke at a Cubs Game (1972). I swear I thought that cup of Coke was the finest food or beverage that I ever tasted. Yeah Coke with sugar is and will always be on my A list.

[ 01-19-2006, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

I doubt they'll have it around here. I wish Netgrocer would sell it.

ya coke with sugar is much better then the HFCS one
    ---AzRocks----

When will this stuff start popping up? I have a big jewish community near me and i'll have to take a look for it. If not would any of you be willing to send some my way?