Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

is it just me... or are soda cans more "cluttered" now than they were a decade ago?

i mean, now, they've got logos... and bubbles... and swooshes... and whozitz and whatzitz... and ad slogans, etc. (not to mention the extra nutritional data being added this year).

do you like this trend?

and... does it even matter? [img]smile.gif[/img]
    banned

Let's call it another front in the war against Americans' attention spans.

SEV

no it doesn't matter [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I Love Soda!

I don't really care, I guess. The packaging has surprisingly little impact on my beverage choices.

I agree. Not by color,religion,race or creed do I judge the design on the can/bottle; it's all how the soda pop tastes.

i'm not that way, if i dont like the packaging i wont buy it or collect the beverage if i can help it.

Coke had some sloppy looking logos in the late 90s, examples were cherry coke, diet coke, citra, mello yello.

as far as clutter this has been a problem especially since Nutrition Facts were added in 1994.

Coke seems to be black happy the past decade turning the texts on all their products black or using black coloring in the designs, I don't really consider plain black or plain white as colors, but more as filling in idle space and gives it a cheap look.

Pepsi atleast uses color still in their graphics.

My leat fav coca-cola label was the one from 00-03, the bursting bottle, too cluttered, LOVE the current set of graphics!
    EWW to these 2 coke cans from the same period

[ 01-23-2006, 02:38 AM: Message edited by: PepsiBlue ]

i agree with both of those examples, pepsiblue. (the cherry coke one came to mind specifically... it's just "scary").

also, when it comes to coca-cola... i like to see the "wave" on the packaging. otherwise it feels like it's missing something.

i also didn't like when diet coke cans had a lop-sided wave on the can (it sort of went behind the logo). it really irked me.

i like the logo they're using on their cans now, though... except... maybe too many bubbles. also, C2's wave is too low... u can't see it with the script.

[ 01-23-2006, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: popologist ]
    banned

Way too cluttered. I also care little about the design when it comes to buying. I cast my vote to keep it simple and clean.

[ 01-23-2006, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: boodoo ]
    banned

ramonazo Guest

I'm agree with PepsiBlue, the Coca-Cola current logo it's awesome! IMO one of tbe best logos in Coke history...