Bevboard

surgefeedtherush Guest

Hi I was wondering if anybody has any insight about what people from diffrent cultures here in the USA and around the world think of diffrent drinks. Im especially wondering about prominent groups here in the USA. Also I would be interested in groups such as the Gay/Lesbian. I have hear rumor that Pepsi is much higher consumed by the African American population than caucasion. Is that true? Any insight about the above questions would be very appriciated!

-Avery

The US favors beverages much sweeter than the rest of the world for 1. Try coke or pepsi from Mexico or Europe if you want to see.

In the US the differences between coke and pepsi would most likely be attributed to marketing. If they didnt each spend hundreds of millions on marketing each year, no one would drink that crap. They both taste identical amd both suck.

Well, they said that the bitter Fanta Tonic was a big seller in Argentina, & the similar Beverly was a seller in Europe.

I understand that Japanese soft drinks often have lemon-lime added to the base flavor of most sodas. You can get Coke there without citrus, but many other flavors have citrus.

I also remember seeing a can of Fanta Squash Punch one guy had brought back from Japan.

Root Beer is not very big outside of North America & maybe Austalia.

The Fanta Tonic in Argentina is actually rather sweet. It's not bad at all. The Beverly in Italy is a bitter (a red drink) and it's like Sanbitter. In Italy they have a bunch of bitter drinks like "bitter", "Bitter Dry", "Chinotto" (which tastes like root beer syrup added to tonic water and also like a non-alcoholic carbonated version of the CYNAR burnt artichoke liquor). Also their Lemon and Orange drinks are more bitter and there's even a Fanta Aranciata Amara which is a Fanta Bitter Orange.

Yeah, as you go around the world there are lots of differences. Even the European Fanta is much more "natural" than the Fanta in hotter climates. I'm glad the variety still exists... at least so far. This is why I tell people in other countries to boycott Wal-Mart. They'll just turn the whole world in to something analagous to the Soviet Union if we don't watch it!

------------------
    Always remember... Don't follow the can drinkers to the chicken bone recycling bin!

There's a small latino market not far from me, and all the Mexican sodas they sell are *very* sweet: Jarritos, Sidral Mundet, and Goya Malta to name a few. None of these do much for me, but they also sell Coke, Pepsi with sugar, and Orange Crush imported from Mexico in glass bottles, so more power to them!

Here in NJ,Asians seem to like Mountain Dew a lot (though I'm not Asian), and African Americans seem to like Sprite, which is probably due to their ad campaigns

surgefeedtherush Guest

Yeah I have noticed that advertising has alot to do what groups drink certain drinks such as Sprite with African Americans but how much does it really influence people and how much is just taste?

I think people of different races drink different things.