Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi

does anyone buy Canada Dry, Snapple, Mistic from Hanachman (spelling not sure) out of nyc?

Looking to buy goods from them, i hear their prices on the above goods are very good.

Anyone know of a good source for Canada Dry, Snapple, Mistic within 100 miles of philadelphia?

Other items we could really use:
    Pepsi 24 oz.

any help would be appreciated

Sam

it's honickman

wait for fusion - he'll tell you more about em.

you know me too well!

Honickman owns a series of Canada Dry/CSAB franchises, as well as two Pepsi franchises. Production facilities in Pennsauken NJ, Baltimore MD, College Point NY, and one other facility that I am unsure of. He previously also owned Concord Beverages (Elizabeth NJ and Concordville PA) as well as Vintage Seltzer.

Anyway -- he is a contract packer as well, packaging various Motts and Snapple products in his Baltimore plant (which is also known as Beverage Capital).

He's not going to sell to you on that level unless you are another franchised CSAB distributor.

He does serve the Philly area, out of the Pennsauken warehouse - but CSAB products only - not Pepsi. Pepsi is PBG in south Philly. The number I found for Pennsauken is:

(856) 665-4848

I don't know about any grey market or transhipping stuff - so if you're looking for that, I can't help you.

yeah what kind of distributor are you? black market?

Nah
    we just compete with other cash and carry's in the area. I dont think they buy anything from the local pepsi or canada dry copackers in the area.

Lots of doing deals with other guys taking coke up to NYC, and bartering for Mistic Canada Dry etc.

Even with the Pepsi 24 oz, they dont offer that for cash and carry trade. Only large supermarkets have access to those deals. So we buy trailers from other sources.

Even pepsi cans, you know how the gas stations have 2/12packs for 5 bucks? well if i want to buy legit pepsi cans 24 pack that runs me 6.50. So we buy deals from gas station owners etc in 10 pallet lots.

Its kind of sucky to have different pricing for different classes of trade, and different pricing based on metro region.

I am just trying to see what other sources are out there.
    Sam

I do my best to buy from local sources

That's why I said grey market. That's some shady stuff. I remember a bunch of gas stations along the NJ/NYC border being busted for selling stuff that went into NYC to be resold.

Bottlers/distributors can be fined or lose their franchises for knowingly selling product that will be resold outside of their area - but apparently some people are willing to take the chance.

According to CCNA transshipping people, Philly is the number one transshipping market in the US

fusion, do you have some big book with info about all these companies or is this encyclopedic knowledge all in your head?

SEV

I was in NYC about a month ago and purposely would by single beverages off the street just to check the plant code. I would estimate that over 1/3 of the product I purchased was not from the NYC bottlers. I even saw this in local Mom & Pop stores.

Gee that's a ton of money going into the wrong pockets. If this type of grey market thing is going on in other major markets the loss of revenue has to be mind blowing.