Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This upcoming Friday I'm leaving on a road trip to South Carolina. We're going down Route 29 from Charlottesville and connecting with Interstate 85 in Greensboro. We're stopping about 45 minutes beyond Charlotte. Any drink meccas I should check out?

In August I'm moving to Providence, Rhode Island, northwest of downtown (Elmhurst neighborhood, IIRC). Any places I should check out?

Hey, Rhody is a great place! But, we get really crappy distribution. Crappy Distribution + No PiBB=??

I dunno,but there are tons of great places in Rhode Island, and they are all relatively close (considering that the state is like 50 miles long, LOL)

Clarke
    Give Me My PiBB!<br />--<br /> - Clarke

In that part of SC, you will be a little west for Blenheim ginger ale, but I would look for it anyway.

Also, look for Cheriwine. Especially if you can find a store that has that Dr Pepper-ish product as a frozen (Slurpie/Icee) drink. Sundrop.

We actually carry Blenheim in our store, so I'm very familiar with that. We get that from Fitzgerald Dist. near Richmond.

I'll look out for Cheerwine.

Clarke, distribution problems are nothing new here. I'm sick of seeing commercials for products for a year before I ever see them in real life.

Where are places along 95 that sell cheerwine in nc and sc?
    Tea Time! It\'s Tea time....<br /><br />Carbonated Tea.

Rocky Mount, NC for sure.
    <a href=\"http://www.cheerwine.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.cheerwine.com</a>

The Exxon in Lumberton, NC.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

You can't get Cheerwine in or around Charlottesville? The RC bottler just to the west in Harrisonburg, Staunton, and Waynesboro carries it I know in 12 packs and 2 liters, didn't see anything glass. Bottlers I guess would have to be different considering the Dr Pepper products in that region are separate from RC, whereas RC has them in Charlottesville. You couldn't have anchored a bottling company on A&W, Sunkist, and Canada Dry. Pepsi in Charlottesville screwed things up for RC there considering they had Mountain Dew, Dr Pepper, and they did have 7UP (although that's changed I believe).

I haven't seen Cheerwine in Charlottesville, but I did see two liters of Cheerwine yesterday at the Food Lion in Lovingston, VA, about 35 minutes south of CVille on US 29.

My trip report will be coming soon.

Blue Ridge Bottling is the company I believe in and around Harrisonburg and Staunton. They also serve Roanoke and Lynchburg, where Lovingston is most likely distributed product from.