Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper has finally arrived in quantity in south Texas! After trickling into convenience store locations late last week and over the weekend it is finally available in grocery stores in 12 packs.

The taste is pretty good but on the weak side. You can taste the flavors that have been added to the base Dr Pepper but there is strangley no aftertaste, almost like the flavors cancel each out after a few seconds. I'd go so far as to say that the local Coca-Cola bottler hasn't perfected the process yet and has released a slightly diluted product, which I've heard is something that can happen with initial production runs. I hope this is he case as the strength of the flavoring doesn't even match Red Fusion.

C/V Dr Pepper is now in New Mexico. I just picked up a bottle earlier today, on a lightbulb run, of all things. Upon my first sip, I can say that this does NOT taste quite like your average DP. I happen to be drinking the bottle with my dinner right now, and as I drink more of the stuff, it feels more and more like a regular DP, or a Red Fusion, although I haven't had one of those for a while. Maybe I've gotten spoiled on Vanilla Coke/Pepsi Vanilla, but I was expecting more of a vanilla taste. Oh well, maybe I can find that in the Diet variety. The Doomite Is Out!
    The Doomite\'s top 3 Beverages: 1. Jones Cream Soda/Sam\'s Choice Red Tornado, 2. Big Red Soda, and 3. Henry Weinhard\'s Root Beer!

Received a bottle of regular and diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper in the mail just now, going to pop them in the fridge and try them later on, cant wait!

where did you get them? what website?

[ 10-14-2004, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: XLS_04 ]

a good man at a dr.pepper distributor sent them to me...

wow.. they are both delicious.. you can taste the cherry flavor as being very similar to that from red fusion..

the regular tastes like they took a red fusion and mixed it with a dr. pepper to me.. delicious, but not that different..

the diet tastes more like a diet dr.pepper with cherry and vanilla added, I couldnt really pick up on the vanilla too much in the regular, but could moreso in teh diet.. a great flavor and will be a nice addition to the dr. pepper lineup while its arround..

has me very curious about how cinammon dr. pepper is going to taste.

sounds like a real winner here. hopefully they will make it permanent.

i still have yet to find a pic of these 2 products online.

www.bevnet.com Look for the Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper review.

[ 01-10-2005, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

I've got both regular and diet CV DP on hand. I posted my review on my board, but I'll summarize it here, its Red Fusion revisited, and its what red fusion *should* have been to begin with.

Its a better realization of the same idea, IMHO

I bought a 12-pack of the regular kind in Morgan City, Louisiana last night. I ended up drinking four of them from yesterday afternoon to this morning. I really like them. It has a stronger flavor than Red Fusion, which is good. The cherry and especially the vanilla are not very strong flavor-wise, but they do the job. I didn't bring the 12-pack back with me, hoping i'd find some locally. I hope I do.