Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 liter bottles

Today I bought a 2 liter of BCVC for the Super Bowl holiday. [img]tongue.gif[/img] It was on sale for 89 cents. I think I might start buying more 2 liter bottles, because they're actually a pretty good deal. Usually I spend a lot on single 20 ounce bottles at gas stations and so forth, and those bottles actually cost quite a bit more than 2 liters in some cases. One gas station I frequent is selling Coke 20 ounce bottles for $1.45. That's approaching bowling alley prices.

I know a lot of people that don't like 2 liter bottles because they say the soda goes flat. But if I put the cap on tight, the carbonation seems to last 2-3 days. Of course, the bottle I bought for tomorrow will most likely be shared anyway.

What do you all think of 2L bottles?

I see your point. I twist the cap on the 2lts so hard my hand hurts. Actually I use a rubber bottler grip to twist the cap on tight. I can get a good 5 days or so of good carbonation using this method. I like 2lts when I know I'm going to want to drink one special flavor for the day.LOL I usally get 3 servings out of a bottle.

I like 12oz cans for the good carbonation and they keep me honest. Cans in a goofy way help me limit my soda pop intake. I know how to drink a can with a meal so that I have a nice finishing gulp at the end of the meal. It's funny but I do this last gulp trick without even thinking.

I like 1ltr bottles with delivered pizza. LOL

My dream is to have a B.O.B system with 6 flavors. LOL

[ 02-04-2006, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

I don't think I could drink the same thing for 2-3 days straight.

I much prefer cans.

I always get 2 liters.
    of course some people in my family sometimes accidently leave the cap off >

Here in NYC, CCE makes arbitrary decisions of what to put into 2l bottles and what not to. As noted, I blame them partially for the demise of vc and dvc when they refused to put the products into 1.5l or 2l bottles (and made it very hard to find fridge packs also)....currently I believe they are still not producing diet coke cherry in 2l bottles...I saw 2l bottles of it while visiting my parents in Florida at Publix but not in the cce turf....and in stores while I can find bcv and dbcv in 2l and fridge packs, not so plain diet coke cherry....they should be required to make all products available in all bottle sizes.

im starting to like 1.5L bottles more then 2L botttles- for sum reason i can never finish a 2L bottle without it getting flat
    ---AzRocks----

i pick up a 2liter when i know i am going drink it over a few days - like on a weekend when i want to stay up later. but generally i like soda out of a can alot better
    Vault Sucks, Do The Dew

I grew up with 2 liters, so it's something I'm used to. I can go through a 2 Liter in a day or 2, so losing fizz is not much of a concern to me.

Since I switched to diet, I've bought more cans than I used to, but when they had a deal like .79 Coke 2-Liters, I'm gonna grab that. When I can get $2 12-Packs, I'll get that.

I just wich DCVDP came in 2-Liters out here.

I like 2 liters for the value
    and cans for the longer lasting freshness and flavor

YES!!! Thank you Mr. Nethead!! I love buying the 2-liters over the cans any day because they are so much cheaper. The only problem I have now, is that my fridge in my college dorm room is almost too small for a big 2-liter bottle so I've had to stick with the cans. When I do get a 2-liter I stick it in the fridge and make sure the lid is on as tight as I can get it. I'm a tightwad, so anytime I can get more for less, I will take it even if it might not be as great.