Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Coca-Cola Co. (NYSE:KO - news) said on Wednesday it plans a makeover for its Fresca diet soft drink in the latest move to win over increasingly health-conscious, calorie-phobic consumers.

Beginning in September, cans and bottles of the citrus-flavored drink will feature a new, more contemporary logo and graphics. It is the first makeover Fresca's green and yellow packaging has had since 1996, according to Coke s****sman Scott Williamson.

Two new flavors -- Sparkling Peach Citrus Fresca and Sparkling Black Cherry Fresca -- will also hit grocery store shelves as part of the brand's revamp. The original Fresca's flavor will remain the same.

The move to update the 39-year-old Fresca brand comes as Atlanta-based Coke is rolling out a number of new diet drinks, including a version of Diet Coke sweetened with the popular sugar substitute Splenda and Coca-Cola Zero, a no-calorie cola meant to taste like Coca-Cola Classic.

One of the keys to the beverage giant's future is capturing more consumers who have moved away from sugary soft drinks to healthier, low- or no-calorie beverages, such as water and juices with reduced sugar.

"Fresca resonates with people who have sophisticated tastes and are unwilling to compromise on flavor or calories," Alison Lewis, Coca-Cola North America's vice president of Sprite and flavors, said in a statement.

Fresca's relaunch will be accompanied by a marketing campaign developed by Minneapolis-based advertising firm Campbell Mithun.

The campaign will emphasize the drink's sophistication, Coke said, and will say Fresca is "ideal for moments of perfectly relaxed pleasure."

cant wait to try the new flavors

Me too....I look forward to tasting the new flavors. Fresca came back about 2 years ago in the Chicago market. For a while I was buying a 12 pack per week.

Zabe

[ 05-25-2005, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

I am too excited about this!

Maybe they'll finally start putting Fresca in 20 oz bottles now too.

[ 05-25-2005, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: TheConnieVandelayShow ]
    Anita

fresca is found sparsely in 20oz. i think this will make it a permanent fixture.
    woot woot

Plenty of 20oz Fresca from Philadelphia Coke around where I live. I think CCE used to make it in Silver Spring, but it's been gone for a long time. I suspect this will bring it back into 20oz as well.

That peach sounds really good!!

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

Has anyone else noticed how line extensions are going wild here?

ramonazo Guest

Hi Guys!. I recommend you again that if you visit Mexico, you must try the new Fresca Toronja Roja, It has a good grapefruit flavor with a little spicy aftertaste. It's available also in Monster Can in some cities (453 ml)

TOOOOMALA!!!

By the way, the new cans of Fresca U.S. in The Coca-Cola Company website, the graphs are awesome!

http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscente...cherry_can.jpg

[ 05-27-2005, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

Oh my that is one sharp looking design. I'm so ready for the new Fresca to be rolled out in Chi Town. I can't wait to try the new flavors.

This could be a very Fresca summer. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Thanks for the link, it made me thirsty for my 5pm
    pop feeding. LOL

Zabe

[ 05-26-2005, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]