Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay, I know that there's a couple of fans of Diet RC around here. Me, I've only had it a couple of times (2 liter and an old 20oz PET) and wasn't impressed particularly. However, whenever I did have it, it was product produced by American, who doesn't actually have a good reputation with quality, and the dates were pretty old. So I never considered those a valid sampling.

Diet RC is not sold around here, or hasn't been in the past. So, when I was in Cheyenne, WY the other day at a grocery store, I was surprised to see it for sale in 12 pack cans. And it was bottled by Full Service Beverages, which is part of All-American bottling, one of the best third-tier bottlers around. So I bought a 12 pack.

The verdict? I'm not sure what the big deal is, I was still not really impressed by it. It wasn't bad, but I had hoped it would taste just like normal RC, which to me, it doesn't. In fact, it seems a lot like the reformulated Pepsi One, which I think tastes slightly better. I think my favorite diet Cola is going to remain Diet Pepsi. (I'm not a Coke drinker so I probably won't try the new Splenda-transmogrifed Diet Coke anytime soon)

andy
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

Silly question time:

Is Diet Rite and Diet RC the same thing? Just some people call it "Diet Rite" and some people call it "Diet RC"? I thought they were made by the same people.
    Anita

Originally posted by TheConnieVandelayShow:
    Silly question time:

Is Diet Rite and Diet RC the same thing? Just some people call it "Diet Rite" and some people call it "Diet RC"? I thought they were made by the same people.
    No they are 2 seperate products made by the same company, kind of like Diet Coke and Tab.
    Collector of soda cans - Most wanted can Goody Root Beer

A few years ago, Diet RC was a good pop when it had aspartame as it's sweetener. They changed the sweetener and IMO it tasted bad. Soon after that, at least in the Chicago market, diet RC was no longer found in the stores.

Zabe

Originally posted by ithastabeshasta:
    No they are 2 seperate products made by the same company, kind of like Diet Coke and Tab. [/QB]
    Ok. I guess we don't get Diet RC in my parts, just reg. RC.
    Anita

Diet RC also has caffeine. Diet Rite is caffeine free.

And then there was this stuff called RC100...

RC 100 was just caffeine free RC wasn't it? I seem to remember on RC's website they pride themselves on being the first major cola to have a caffeine free version.

I like Diet Rite but I don't like Diet RC, I also like RC but not Diet RC.
    The first time I tried Diet RC was in Jan. 2005 right after I found out that I am A Diabetic.
    I had A huge taste test of every type of diet soda I could find.
    I had to find out what I liked in diet because before then I had very few diet drinks.
    Diet RC was the worst cola even when compared to store brands.

Spencer

i didn't even realize that RC was still in business. weren't they bought by 7Up or something?

RC was big in the 70s, right? but just seemed to get buried by Coke and Pepsi in the 80s and beyond.