Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I am still fuzzy with regions. Could someone slap me in the face with the areas and who is there and what their name is? Please.
    Tea Time! It\'s Tea time....<br /><br />Carbonated Tea.

Do you mean Coke Consolidated? They control most of North and South Carolina, but they also have territory in West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Virginia, and Georgia. They're the #2 bottler of Coke products in the US behind CCE.

They always seem to get new products first.. Dasani, Fridge Packs, Minute Maid Lights, Mello Yello flavors, etc.

Coke Consolidated Territory Map

CCE Territory Map

You can really notice the big hole in the southeast. Part of that hole is Consolidated, part is Coke United, part is Coke Central, and the rest is small indies. The large hole out west is mostly Swire, and in the northeast it's Coca-Cola Northern New England.. the smaller holes in Pennsylvania are Philadelpha Coke and Abarta. Abarta also controls Cleveland and Buffalo.

Not sure about the Canadian ones, except that the pennant-looking hole in the west is Red Deer Bottling.

Greene County is all in PA Consolidated has. They have all of WV except the Panhandle and Marion County in Fairmont, which is all Central Coke. Virginia they have everything south of Roanoke, and everything on the NC border. The Northeast part is CCE Mid-Atlantic, and the Northwest part is Central Coke down I-81 until Roanoke. Charlottesville I'm not sure what it is, could be Central or CCE. Norfolk/Virginia Beach I can't think of what it is either, I think it's Consolidated though.

Charlottesville is Central. Norfolk/VA Beach is CCE.

The only places I really can't pin down, using the various maps and such are the non-CCE area in Minnestota and the upper Midwest; Alaska; the non-CCE parts of Missouri and Oklahoma; and the non-CCE parts of Canada, other than Red Deer.

Also, if you look closely at the CCE map, one Hawaiian island, Maui, is not colored in, but the rest are. That seems odd.

It also seems odd that CCE doesn't have Canada's territories. Who does? The sparce population wouldn't seem enough to support a traditional distribution system seperate from CCE's.

Central Coke's website is just one page, pretty much a place holder, worthless. Philly has a map, and Swire lists the states it does business in, so you can dope out their territories from the CCE map. Abarta has a good website, but no map. United has no website I can find.

Originally posted by SamC:
    The only places I really can't pin down, using the various maps and such are the non-CCE area in Minnestota and the upper Midwest; Alaska; the non-CCE parts of Missouri and Oklahoma; and the non-CCE parts of Canada, other than Red Deer.

Missouri? Southern MO is Ozarks Coke/DP, northern MO is Trenton Coke, mid-mo is Jefferson City Coke.

Oklahoma? Great Plains Coca-Cola and a number of indies.

Found this out:

CCE (Coca-Cola Enterprises), based in Atlanta, is about 38% owned by Coca-Cola itself. It is considered a "flagship bottler", which is a Coke term for bottler it owns a major share of that is the primary bottler in a region. It also controls the UK, France and the low countries. Its a NY stock listed as CCE.

Other "flagship bottlers" around the world include Swire (China); Coca-Cola Amatil (Australia and Pacific); Coca-Cola Helenic (Southern & Eastern Europe); Coca-Cola unpronounceable (Germany and western Europe); and Coca-Cola FEMSA (Latin America). Coca-Cola Helenic and Coca-Cola FEMSA are stocks that trade in NY (CCH & KOF) as well as their home regions.

Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated, based in Charlotte, is about 25% owned by Coke. The stock is listed as COKE (Coke itself is listed as KO). In eastern North Carolina, some of the territories belong to CCBCC, and some belong to Coke, which bought them with the intension of incorporating them into CCE, but they agreed to combine them into the "Piedmont CC Bottling Partnership", which CCBCC runs and split the profit.

Coca-Cola United, based in Brimingham, Coca-Cola Central, based in Richmond, Philadelphia Coca-Cola (which is the nation's 3rd largest black owned business) and ARBATA, based in Cleveland, are closely held companies that do not trade on the stock market. ARBATA is a conglomerate involved in many other industries.

Coca-Cola Northern New England is owned by Japan's Kirin Brewries, which also owns Coke rights in Japan, the Phillipines and elsewhere. Swire, its US operations based in Salt Lake City, is a Hong Kong based complex conglomerate involved in everything from airlines, to banking, to to shipping, to Coke in China and the USA.

this you will find interesting:

http://www.cokecce.com/srclib/1.2.3.html

as i can take it from this link, one of the first states totally controlled was michigan (minus the upper peninsula) because michigan was totally owned by johnston coca-cola. that's why they still use the johnston shells here in michigan.

i also see a decent amount of Roddy Coca-Cola shells but have yet to find that bottler's whereabouts (former).
    woot woot

wait a second: http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/...7/ccc0008.html

johnston was the cleveland, tennessee plant (CV) which maybe explains why that plant is so large and diverse. johnston was a massive bottler.
    woot woot

i also found this osha listing of several johnston offices in ohio, as far north as toledo:
    http://www.ohiomfg.com/oshalist/j.asp
    woot woot