Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

i know most of you don't care... because you don't like C2. but i'm a BIG FAN. i think it tastes very much like coke classic... and i buy it whenever i can find it... and in place of regular coke.

anyway... Pepsi Edge (Pepsi's version of C2) will be discontinued by the end of this year. C2 was outselling it by 4-to-1 or more. Still, C2 still isn't doing very well... even if it picks up some of Edge's fans.

so... is Edge's demise good or bad for C2? i'd really be disappointed if C2 is discontinued... unless Zero tastes almost as good. then i'll just replace my C2 with Zero.

we'll see. Zero comes out this week... so i'll have my answer soon enough. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It's impossible to find a still in date fridgepack of C2 in my parts. You can still find a 20 oz from time to time though.

The few times I had it I thought it was ok. Reminded me of (gasp!) Tab.
    Anita

i can only find C2 fridgepaks at certain large supermarkets by me. but i'm in NYC... so shelf space is limited. i see a lot of it in 1.5 liter bottles though. me and my buddies like C2 a lot... it's just not as easy to find as diet or regular coke... so... no way it's going to sell as well.

anyway... now that pepsi edge is discontinued... coke may reposition C2... and find a way to increase it's sales.

my brother is in advertising, at one of the biggest firms in the world... and he thought the C2 ads were confusing. especially considering it was a brand new product. so, maybe with a new "angle"... C2 will have a second wind. [img]smile.gif[/img]

After I heard of the impending doom of Edge, I hunted down a few 12 packs once I saw it had disappeared from some store shelves around here. But then, today, I see a bunch of fresh product, fill date of June 5, at the Wallyworld Supercenter, one of the places that had had an unfilled hole on the shelf the last month or so.
    I guess I jumped the gun on assuming it was disappearing now.

andy
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

Well, the article i read said it would be "phased out" by "year's end." So, they'll probably unload it in areas where it was selling well.

As an Edge drinker... will you switch to C2? or will you just go back to regular Pepsi or Diet Something-or-Other?

I'd be disappointed if C2 were discontinued. I really like the stuff. And probably buy a 12 pack every 2 weeks (about twice as fast as i would drink regular coke).

some local bottlers are thinking of dropping C2.

Originally posted by XLS_04:
    some local bottlers are thinking of dropping C2.
    can't coca-cola tell them "no"? just wondered.

as for C2, and it's future. i think coke should try to market it one more time... with a differnt "angle" (though i'm not sure what angle that would be). also, maybe even try to "reformulate" it with splenda (since sales are modest, it wouldn't cut too much into the "splenda shortage").

i see C2 a lot now in NYC... especially in 1.5 liter bottles. so it must be selling ok. i get the feeling it's popular with "metrosexuals"... and this city is crawling with them.

it's harder to find in 12 pack... but i know of a couple locations nearby where i can buy it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Empire State Buddy:
    As an Edge drinker... will you switch to C2? or will you just go back to regular Pepsi or Diet Something-or-Other?
    Well, I drink a variety of different diet sodas right now, and if any one was going to "replace" Edge for me, it would probably be the new Pepsi One. I'm not a Coke fan at all, except for Diet Cherry Coke. But, I haven't tried C2 yet, I don't believe - I guess I should at some point.

- Andy
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

C2 tastes a lot like Coke Classic... so you may not like it (if you don't like Classic). Even so, if you want something with less calories... but don't want to drink a diet soda, it's still the best/only option.

I've never tried Edge, but I think I saw some somewhere, so I might pick up a bottle, just out of curiousity... before it disappears for good.

As much sense it makes for me to think that Coke should have a full calorie, half-calorie, and no-calorie version of their cola on the market, I really think the average consumer is dumbfounded with all these versions(not to mention that there are actually THREE no-calorie versions).

Empire Buddy, start stocking up on C2 now.

Or... switch to Coke Zero.