Bevboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Looks like legal troubles have started for this new package

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/...iverwood.html#

Riverwood deserves to win this one. They had it first.. and besides, their version is far superior to the Mead version.

I wish someone would help to get rid of Fridge Packs. I picked up some today on sale @ Martin's (5/$10) and had a MM Valencia one crumble on me at the store just from picking it up. When taking what I bought home, dropping a case of Remix Sprite on the ground, the box exploded.

Fridge Packs are the worst concept ever created. Last time I was in CCE Eastern Great Lakes territory, they did not switch, and if they do not switch for a while, I will drive to that territory to buy Coke, or even buy others products even though I don't like them (I prefer Coke's products in everything pretty much).

...and there was no Barq's! Blasphemous!

The problem with FP is a simple one: Its still being perfected. I know Swire and Worland/Admiral/Fremont had major problems with their conversions. The biggest issue was getting the gluing of them right.

The FP is an excellent idea, its just been poorly implimented.

MAC is having the same problems. I don't see the wonderful idea of these, sales are not boosted by packaging, they are boosted by quality products, and it appears Coke doesn't want those anymore to me at least.

CCE Eastern Great Lakes will most likely have Fridge Packs by the end of the summer. I don't know what their rollout date is, but I know it's soon.

I'm on the conversion team for our sales center, and we start on Monday. We've received five SKUs so far, with more to come in the next few days.

The Mead version has been through six different designs for the "bucket" (the yellow part that you tear off to remove the cans). Not sure about the Riverwood one, though.

Singapore now has Fridge Packs. Here's a picture from Coke's website. Not that great of a picture, but the design is different than the US version. And it's only 8 cans.

And a few from Coke's Singapore site:

And, a link:

Singapore Fridge Pack

I agree, the fridgepack design makes it very easy to trash. They are very easily damaged and from a production stand they are a nightmare.
    But the fridgepack has increased 12pk sales. When I first started with consolidated about 6 yrs ago we had less than 10 flavors of 12pks. Today we have over 30. Now can you contribute all of this to the fridgepack? No, new flavors and other market conditions are part of this. I think 75 percent of this increase is because of the fridgepack.

from coke's annual report:

"As we created new products and fresh brand experiences in 2002, one fact became increasingly clear to us: Consumers are eager to see The Coca-Cola Company bring excitement to the marketplace. One simple innovation last year—the Fridge Pack™ —has changed the dimensions of 12-pack sales for us and for our bottling partners. This sleek, refrigerator-friendly pack is increasing consumer awareness and preference, accelerating consumption and case volume in markets where it has been introduced. From our packaging suppliers who assisted us and our bottlers in developing the Fridge Pack, to the retailers whose shelves were reconfigured to accept the new design, partnership made this innovation possible—and profitable. The future of our business in North America also evolved in 2002 with the continuing rollout of iFountain, the most advanced soft-drink dispensing system in the industry. iFountain gives our customers a technologically advanced fountain system that enhances available brand options, improves operating efficiency and automatically calibrates each drink served to assure consumers of a quality drink every time."

also:

thinking outside the package: The Fridge Pack is our most significant innovation in packaging since the plastic contour bottle was introduced in 1993. These slimmed-down 12-packs allow consumers easy access to more cold drinks in the refrigerator, encouraging greater rates of consumption and repeat purchases.

and:

8/10 consumers said they preferred convenient Fridge Packs to traditional 12-packs. The popularity of 2-by-6-can packages has led to double-digit growth in both 12-pack and overall Coca-Cola case volumes in areas where Fridge Packs are available. Outstanding consumer response to Fridge Packs motivated bottlers in several of our key U.S. markets to convert their production lines to the new packaging in 2002, with more conversions planned for 2003.

so there you go...
    woot woot