Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LOL.

where does that calorie come from? and does it even have one calorie... or are they just making it up... so they could give it that "cool" name?

i mean... it's made of the same "stuff" that all the other diet sodas are made up, but... somehow... this one has one teensy weensy calorie.

weird, eh? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yeah I have allways wondered that myself. Maybe they add like one grain of salt to each can to give it the calorie

LOL.

my guess is that there isn't even one calorie in it. that they just rounded up... so they'd have a "cool" name.

didn't the early diet sodas have 1 calorie though... like TAB? i don't really remember... but i kind of think they did.

I would guess that they're not lying, because my common sense tells me that it's illegal to project phony numbers on a nutrition facts label. However, I could be wrong.

By a grain of salt, do you mean sugar? There's definitely not sugar in it, because it would have to say so in the ingredients.

I agree....Pepsi One is just a marketing made up name. Pepsi 0.99 would look and sound rather strange. LOL But then again the top two national brands of soda pop are known to do things that us common people may not understand.

I just had an idea, although it may not be correct.

I'm sure beverage law says that companies can state the amount of calories in a drink within a calorie or two of accuracy.

So for example, if lab tests show that 8oz of Coke has 119.3 calories, the company can legally say that it has 120 calories per 8oz serving.

If this is true, then diet drinks can contain minute amounts of calories, but state that they have none(unless companies are forced to round the numbers up).

So while Diet Coke w/ Splenda and Pepsi One may both have between 0 and 1 calorie, one could state that it has none, while the other might state that there is 1.

Just a thought. Man, we need some FDA legal analyst on this board to help us out.

i agree with snapple. there is probably a "trace" of a calorie, and so... pepsi can round up if it wants. and coke can round down. it's so insignificant... it doesn't really matter.

it just would've been weird to call it pepsi one... if it had zero on the label. [img]smile.gif[/img]

LOL
    woot woot

FYI, salt has NO calories, and no company would ADD it to soft drinks in this day and age (in fact, Diet Rite makes hay out of the fact they take it OUT of the water they use to make it)....

Actually... Diet Coke is not actually totally zero-calorie, same with a lot of "Diet" products. Legally, you can call any product under 5 calories per serving a zero-calorie product.

Pepsi was just being different, trying to give thier new soda an identifier.
    Previous name - Fufu Leth.