Bevboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PREDICTIONS...

please post your predictions for the new products here...

1--coke zero will knockout c2, and c2 will be discontinued within a couple years

2--diet coke w/ splenda will overtake regular diet coke within a couple years.

3--pepsi one will be discontinued... after pepsi offers a diet pepsi w/ splenda.

4--by the end of next year, both versions of diet coke will be on the top 10 beverage list, and, possibly, even coke zero as well.

Coke zero have a 99% chance of replacing Coke C2, it will be up to you're local bottler when they finally drop C2.

The purpose of Diet Coke with Splenda was to take over older Diet Coke, however it will be sold along side the new version for those that still prefer the older sweetner.

Coke zero will most likely get the same audience as C2 since they were both targeted towards the same demographics. However it might do better this time around since it will have no calories since that was most consumers complaint.

[ 06-10-2005, 04:47 AM: Message edited by: XLS_04 ]

One reason Diet Coke continues not to have Splenda in the main version is supply constraints. There simply isn't enough Splenda to go around. Yet.

Also, Splenda hasn't been around all THAT long. For all we know, it may be the next cyclamates...and be banned, even if for no reason....like cyclamates. Before you tell me how silly that is, think arthritis pain relief drugs, and how quickly those bans came...and how accepted and safe those drugs were considered before the action.

I just want to taste Coke Zero. If it is at all good, Diet Coke will be history for me. And it has nothing to do with the word "Diet." Even if I am nearing 50 and have lost 60 pounds (with nearly 50 more to go...yep, I was a big feller...)

Also, though I just posted this in another thread, it belongs better here:

I cannot imagine that this Coke Zero will NOT be a hit.

It wouldn't surprise me if, within 10 years, it outsells Diet Coke, and perhaps even Coke itself.

Originally posted by XLS_04:
    Coke zero have a 99% chance of replacing Coke C2, it will be up to you're local bottler when they finally drop C2.

The purpose of Diet Coke with Splenda was to take over older Diet Coke, however it will be sold along side the new version for those that still prefer the older sweetner.

Coke zero will most likely get the same audience as C2 since they were both targeted towards the same demographics. However it might do better this time around since it will have no calories since that was most consumers complaint.
    i pretty much agree with everything you just said.

though, since a larger % of soda volume comes from "fountains" (i.e., fast food)... until DCwS or Zero are offered at restaurants, they'll never overtake Diet Coke... which is everywhere.

so, it will take time.

but, as for C2... it's days are probably numbered. i mean, if Zero tastes as good... why would i buy C2?

Originally posted by The Interpreter:
    I just want to taste Coke Zero. If it is at all good, Diet Coke will be history for me. And it has nothing to do with the word "Diet." Even if I am nearing 50 and have lost 60 pounds (with nearly 50 more to go...yep, I was a big feller...)
    Exactly. I'll only drink Diet Coke when I have to. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Why buy C2? I can only think of one reason. You were one of the six people who used to buy Pepsi Edge and you have to buy something.

I never understood the whole C2/Pepsi Edge proposition. More expensive than regular or diet. All one had to do, if what you wanted was what these were, is mix Pepsi/Coke with Diet...50/50. Save money. Control the proportions. Not fool yourself.

These products were answers to needs/wants virtually no one had.

i like C2 because it tastes pretty close to regular coke for me... but with half the calories.

so, i drink it instead of Classic. this way, i can drink twice as much... with the same calories.

as far as mixing, diet and regular... bah. it's not the same.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

I think C2 will vanish within 1 year. 4 lower calorie sodas is way too much for consumers. Not to mention that C2 sales aren't good.

Once sucralose prices go down, it will replace aspertame in Diet Coke(unless too many people complain about the lack of bitter aftertaste).

I also think that Coke Zero will gain converts; mainly people who casually drink Diet Coke, not the hardcore drinkers. Coke Zero's taste is similar, but better in my opinion.

I dunno about Diet Pepsi and Pepsi One. They're not the same soda. I like Pspsi One, but hate Diet Pepsi. I'm not sure that replacing the aspertame in Diet Pepsi will satisfy the Pepsi One fanatics, of which there aren't too many.

I hate to see a company pull a product off the shelves because it's not a HUGE seller. That's why I'm happy that there are still things like Pepsi One and Mello Yello still out there. Everyone's tastes can be satisfied.

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

I don't see the point in having C2, Diet Coke, and Coke Zero all at the same time. One or more will be gone in the close future.