Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hires Rootbeer

Does anybody know what happened to this rootbeer? I haven't seen it in years. Looked it up online and Amazon had it for $24.00 a 6 pack.

OMG that's pricey! Don't order from Amazon. Sometimes I think they are a little pricey. I havn't seen Hires in awhile but I know it's still around there are plenty of sites to order it from like the Pop shop or just type it on your search and you can find places that sell it cheaper. Hires is yummy. Good luck.
    Do the Dew!

Hires has been pushed to the bottom. Cadbury is focusing on A&W instead. If you look, you will find it in some places, you just have to travel out of your area.

Hires is indeed extremely rare. But i know one store where i can buy it, and I suppose thats all one really needs.

Originally posted by sefbm78:
    Does anybody know what happened to this rootbeer? I haven't seen it in years. Looked it up online and Amazon had it for $24.00 a 6 pack.
    I looked closer, and for the $24 you get 8 six packs.

My best friend and I went to Statesville, NC a few weeks back and we were shocked to see 20 oz. bottles of it at this one gas station. We didn't see it anywhere else in any type of packaging, so I don't know what the deal was. Before that, we had only seen it in 2-liter bottles in Myrtle Beach, SC.

[ 01-29-2007, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: nWoAssassin94 ]

It's bottled by Temple Bottling Co. and is available throughout central Texas, but the distribution is still kinda spotty, I've only seen it in a few places.

Weis Supermarkets here in MD have it in 12 oz. cans, 20 oz. PET and 2 liter bottles. Same for Orange Crush, which is only in the 12 oz. bottles elsewhere.
    With thousands of sodas available for the choosing, why drink just one or two?

Walmart used to sell it and Crush 12oz glass.

Apparently Temple no longer bottles Hires. (according to an email reply from them)

BTW, the Hires 20oz bottles from Hometown Favorites are bottled by Independent Beverage Corp, Charlotte, NC (code NC). The date codes on some I just received are 7198 and 7251, so not too bad.