Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if....?

If Vault is a huge success in the testing areas, how long do you all think it would take to make it everywhere throughout the nation? How long is it going to be tested? If Vault does go nationwide, what kind of advertisements do u think they should have? Just trying to see if anyone has any good ideas.

Well, it's clear that Coke really knows how to populate shelves nationwide pretty quickly. Coke Zero is just about everywhere already, except at Empire State Buddy's neighborhood in NYC.

I really hope Vault is a success. We need more "Mountain Dew"s on the market, regardless of what the haters say.

Also, if this is indeed supposed to be a competitor to Mt Dew, then that means that Coke will add its own spin on the generic formula (ala Surge), which I look forward to tasting.

Now that Vault is supposedly going nationwide around the new year, what kind of advertisements do you all think we will start seeing, and do you think it will compete with Mountain Dew?

My Advertising Slogan would be:

DRINK VAULT - JOIN THE REVOLUTION!!!!!

[ 09-14-2005, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]
    Mello Yello Fans, visit my Forum: <a href=\"http://p2.forumforfree.com/melloyellofansi.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://p2.forumforfree.com/melloyellofansi.html</a>

ramonazo Guest

I remember that when I used to have satellite TV, appeared an ad of Surge, there where two guys making an "eight" on a field with their car, watching a Surge can passing from one side of the car to another, the background music was "Rockafeller Skank" from Fat Boy Slim, and ended with the slogan: "Life's a scream", ... I remember another ad, where a guy returns from a grocery store with a lot of Surge bottles to a truck with their friends, and they make joke of him making the car marching and not letting him get into the truck.

[ 09-14-2005, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

Originally posted by Ramón el Coca-Colero:
    I remember that when I used to have satellite TV, appeared an ad of Surge, there where two guys making an "eight" on a field with their car, watching a Surge can passing from one side of the car to another, the background music was "Rockafeller Skank" from Fat Boy Slim,
    That was one of the final Surge ads, I think it was done in 2001 or 2002. I probably have it sitting on Daily Show tape or an episdoe of The Critic I recorded off of Comedy Central back then. (no, I can't get a copy of it up ******).
    Anita

I would like to see Cheryl Crow all cowboyed up, sing a good hearty song with the whole crowd (not a bar but a 200 seat joint). The on stage rowdies and the audience are sucking down 20oz bottles of Vault.

Towards the middle of her song, a rowdie runs out and hands her an ice cold Vault. She takes a nice swig and keeps sing. Her song ends with the phrase "Damn Good" as she give the bottle of Vault a wink.

This would be my new catch phase..."Vault is Damn Good."

That's my idea of a good appealing add campaign.
    Zabe

[ 09-15-2005, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

Maybe they should play that Queen song in a comercial. You know, 'Another One Bites the Dust'. Because that is where Vault will probably go. It seems to gimmicky or whatever. They should promote what they have already.

BottleBoss
    Have you had your first dose of caffeine yet? LOL
    A little competition never hurts. In the long run if Vault catches on it will pump up Dew sales as well.

Vault would attract first time drinkers in this category. Some will try Dew and become Due lovers.

[ 09-15-2005, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ramonazo Guest

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
    I would like to see Cheryl Crow all cowboyed up, sing a good hearty song with the whole crowd (not a bar but a 200 seat joint). The on stage rowdies and the audience are sucking down 20oz bottles of Vault.

Towards the middle of her song, a rowdie runs out and hands her an ice cold Vault. She takes a nice swig and keeps sing. Her song ends with the phrase "Damn Good" as she give the bottle of Vault a wink.

This would be my new catch phase..."Vault is Damn Good."

That's my idea of a good appealing add campaign.
    Zabe
    Good idea!, but lets see if Lance Armstrong allows her to do the commercial... LOL

But IMO I would change the cowboy thing... seems like a beer commercial... LOL

[ 09-15-2005, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]