Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I'm curious about Coke's 1.5 liters. I have seen them on my occasional trips to NYC and New Jersey. Are they being sold in other areas of the country too? Or is this a test market area? How are they doing? I've seen some 2 liters being sold along with them but the main focus seemed to be the 1.5 liters.

i live in NYC and i only buy 1.5 liters and fridge-paks. i'm single, so a 2-liter just seems too big (i'm afraid it will go flat by the time i finish it).
    banned

Single in NYC?
    I think I better start looking for a nice girl for you?

Water blown through nose onto my freaken key board. LOL LMAO
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Originally posted by Lepke:
    Single in NYC?
    I think I better start looking for a nice girl for you?
    i'm not sure i'm ready for a long-term relationship with a 2-liter bottle...

but thanks anyway.
    banned

I've seen them in McAllen and San Antonio in Texas...

and we have here also

[ 05-13-2006, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

IMO...I just do not think the Big Three could start selling 1.5 ltrs in the Chicago Market. The 2ltr market is a very strong (big time loss leader)that customers flock too for the weekly sales. 2lts in the Chicago market IMO are just about on sale 100% of the time.

Even if the 1.5 lts were to be a loss leader, the 2ltr loss leader would still be the better option. I guess if the 1.5 ltr became the new loss leader and then the 2ltrs prices were to stabilize(not go on sale)it might work with the cavort of pissing off many loyal customers.

[ 05-13-2006, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Not if they get rid of 2 liters entirely. I personally think it would be great if they would get rid of the 2 liter, and go with the 1.5 (the bottles look a lot better) at the same price per ounce.

There was some inital anger towards the 1.5 in the NYC area, but Coke stuck to their guns, and it's been successful.

does pepsi use 1.5 liters too? i've never even noticed. i'll have to check next time i'm at the market.

also, some stores in NYC don't even sell 2-liters anymore! and those that do, only sell Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero and Sprite in 2-liters.

things like Diet Coke with Splenda and Cherry Coke only come in 1.5 liters.
    banned

I believe some (or one) of the mid-size Pepsi bottlers (Pepsi Bottling Ventures, maybe? Or Pepsi Americas?) were or are doing 1.5 liters.

Pepsi Long Island is Pepsi Bottling Ventures, but Pepsi in NYC and Westchester is Pepsi Honickman (I'm a little fuzzy on the exact franchise boundaries). Honickman still uses independent distributors in most of his areas in the city.