Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was out for a nice drive today, and remembering that a place that sells nothing but beverages sold Vault cheap (two for a dollar), and every other store in my area has a limited supply of Vault, so I went in and they had Vault, but it was four for a dollar. However, it was all expired -- a date of April 24th, but still very good (I bought 24 20oz bottles for seven dollars). I even got the crate too.

Did every other store that sells it dump their inventory on this localy owned store? There was a lot a this store, like an entire cooler of it, with the same exp. date. Or maybe did the store order too much? Very curious.

i have seen outdated 20oz in some of my grocery stores - and these are busy grocery stores. but it could be because coke loaded up the backrooms with vault thinking it was going to fly. they did the same thing when black cherry vanilla coke came out - i guess they can keep getting outdates for all i care [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Vault Sucks, Do The Dew

We won't talk about all the 20oz and 1L Pepsi Blue... lol.

Well, when I get my paycheck cashed, I'll spent my entertainment expenses and buy more! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hardly a surprise- I see a few post-daters around here as well but mostly in the stores that had mega displays. This is common since alot of those bottles were only a month shy of expiration when they hit shelves. Most bottlers/retailers had stock in the backroom for weeks prior to launch and even then we saw scarce numbers in some areas for awhile.
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

Originally posted by fusion:
    We won't talk about all the 20oz and 1L Pepsi Blue... lol.
    Difference is Pepsi didn't expect Blue to be big or compete with anything from Coke's CSD portfolio...

Oh, I thought we were just talking about finding outdated product in accounts.

It seems to be selling really well around here. Regular is sold out everywhere. All I can find is Vault Zero.
    Mello Yello Fans, visit my Forum: <a href=\"http://p2.forumforfree.com/melloyellofansi.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://p2.forumforfree.com/melloyellofansi.html</a>

I was in U.S. and I was drinking a bottle of Vault... but unfortunately it was just a dream I had last night (sigh)

I'm living in the US and I'm dreaming of cane sugar glass bottles of Mexican Coca Cola. LOL

[ 05-16-2006, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba