Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was in a nearby city last week and noticed a sticker for Coke Grabables (?). It's a 13.2 oz. plastic bottle.

We only have the 12 and 20 oz. here. Do you guys have these odd sized bottles?

Well, I hear Fanta in Europe (I think) has some odd shaped plastic bottles.
    Life is too short to drink crummy sodas...

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

Grabable huh. You know, I have been having trouble grabbing hold of all the other size soda containers. Especially 7 oz. bottles. They slip right out of my hand. Not 'grabable' enough I must now suppose.

I saw these last year in Alabama also. They look just like the 12 oz. PET, they are just for single serve so the 12 oz. Fridge Paks are not busted and sold as singles.

Man, they need to quit with the bottles.

It tastes better in cans!

I like the cans better too SEV. And, what's the point in creating so many different sizes. I mean, there's not much of a noticeable difference in 12 oz. and 13.2, so why? I just don't get it.

It's just like bigrich said. Coke discounts the multi-packs to dealers and intends them to be sold only as multi-packs. If a dealer busts open a multipack (which is 12 ounces), now Coke can tell. And deal with it, anything from a stern warning to stopping deliveries. And yes, they will do that...

Also, with the rising prices of everything, it helps to have a smaller since at a lower price point. People are also watching their portion sizes more now as well.

13.2 ounces is a pretty good size, and the bottle is big enough that it has some shape to it. Some of the 12 oz bottles just look odd -- like the angle Dr Pepper bottles that the Coke bottlers use in the 8 packs.

We were supposed to get them in Maryland, but I guess they nixed that idea. Plus, our 20oz facility in Silver Spring Maryland also now produces the 8 pack 12 oz bottles, which have taken off like a rocket -- they sell like crazy, and I'm sure they have a hard time keeping up with the demand.

I have noticed that the 12oz fridgepaks here are not selling well. Most have only a week or two of shelf life left on them.

We had the 13.2oz bottles here for a short while and they didn't sell well at all. They were only sold to small stores and retailed for 89 cents or more. When consumers could get a 20oz. bottle for $1.19 or a 12oz. can for 59 cents they just skipped right over the 13.2oz.
    The reason that we were given for the different bottle sizes of 12oz. and 13.2oz. was to differentiate between the small stores and the supermarkets. This way small stores are not buying 8-packs at a cheaper price per bottle and breaking them apart to sell individually.
    The 12oz. bottle fridge 8-packs do very well here when sold for less than $3, when the price gets much above $3 the sales start to drop.