Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

hear's BevNet's review of Coke Zero:

2.5 stars (out of 5)

Coca-Cola Zero presents a stunningly accurate diet analog to its mother company’s core Coca-Cola Classic brand. There’s still a giveaway undertone of artificiality in its aftertaste, but the flavor wizards at Coke have definitely found a way to replicate most of Coke Classic’s trademark spice notes. The artificiality presents itself in the same way as it does in Diet Coke – as a watery, overly sweet, chemical finish – but it’s not as strong in Coca-Cola Zero, because the spice notes drown out and nullify much of the Aspartame/Ace-K blend’s negative qualities. Like Coke Classic, Coca-Cola Zero suffers in comparison to the taste of some of the premier sodas reviewed by BevNET, and we don’t like its mostly white and black labeling, which, although supposedly meant to appeal to young men, simply looks like the printers at the factory ran low on red ink. But it’s definitely worth a try. “Coke Heads” will likely love it; those who don’t care for the original stuff will have no reason to flock to it. Nevertheless, there’s a good chance it will help Coke shore up the market share its core brand is losing to diet consciousness.

[ 06-18-2005, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: Empire State Buddy ]

i agree with most of what they say about taste... but i'd give Zero a much higher score. it's definitely the best tasting diet cola i've ever had... and i'd say that it's got about 85% of Coke Classic's flavor. so, i'd give it an 85 out of 100. [img]smile.gif[/img]

oh... and as for packaging. hmm. i think it's "typical" for coca-cola, but, yeah... a little boring.

i think it'd look better if "zero" was BIGGER... and the coca-cola smaller... since everyone's going to call it "zero" anyway. also, i think a black label (or dark silver)... with silver/white "zero" and red "coca-cola" would've been "cool"... and still appealed to males. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-18-2005, 04:45 AM: Message edited by: Empire State Buddy ]

Are you talking to yourself again. LOL

Great picture....have you seen this bottle on the East coast? I have yet to see it in the Midwest.

[ 06-18-2005, 04:47 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

no. i just did a search... and that pic came up. i thought it was cool, so i posted it.

i've never seen a coke bottle painted in that way before. have u?

I have not seen a bottle for coke products like that either. Pretty sleek looking for sure.

definitely a collector's item.

I don't think people will just call it Zero. If they do, Coke has a problem that Hersheyfoods may be calling about:

http://www.hersheys.com/products/details/zero.asp

Don't forget, there is also Sprite Zero out there (which I think was to accustom regular diet users into at Coke the word Zero means diet...while not trumpeting Diet to non-traditional diet beverage consumers...such as teen males.

ramonazo Guest

Honestly, I don't like the reviews that bevnet page makes about Coca-Cola products, they're always negative: that the labeling is boring, that the flavor or aftertaste flavor is not good, that is too artificial, etc.

For me the graphics are so good, but to give my opinion about the flavor I have to wait until the end of the year...

I hope that the Bevnet guys don't get me out of here for saying this, but that's what I think...

[ 06-20-2005, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

The bottle was a limited run -- 24 were ran, and 6 were part of that big Ebay auction. I guess the other 18 ended up in the hands of big Coke execs.