Bevboard

Thread: start up

<joshr> Guest

Hey People,
    I am starting a RTD Ice Tea Company with a very unique competitve edge. I have the recipes for one gallon at a time. How would I go about finding a manufacturer to produce it in larger quantities and bottle and label it. I am located in California. Any suggestions?

=please send respones to joshrosinsky13@aol.com

Thanks

This guy contacted me telling me he had a number of cafe's and how he wanted to bring in Inko's.

After a few email's, he started asking me about my formulations, how I did it (Citric Acid content, etc).

BUSTED!
    Ubiquity: Thy name is Inko.

Find yourself a company that can provide you with the appropriate container (bottle maybe) to hold your drink. They will recommend co-packers for you.

I really have to much time on my hands. The following is an im conversation I had with the topic starter. He originally wanted to buy Inko's for his 26-california stores. So, I sent him some samples then found this topic.

The guy was just bilking me for information. Not a big deal, but he should be persona non grata on this board in my opinion.

Background: He emailed me out of nowhere today (I played dumb). Here it is:

Joshrosinsky13: yes it is.
    InkosTea: how ya doin?
    Joshrosinsky13: doing great. and you?
    InkosTea: great! how many stores you got?
    Joshrosinsky13: currently we have 26 stores
    InkosTea: wow.
    InkosTea: I would love to get in there.
    Joshrosinsky13: i got in touch with your people and they sent me some information
    Joshrosinsky13: how is your business going?
    InkosTea: great. are you ready for an order?
    Joshrosinsky13: i didnt' receive pricing
    InkosTea: oh. looks like I have to fire somebody.
    InkosTea: ha ha

Joshrosinsky13: i did get samples.
    InkosTea: and?
    Joshrosinsky13: great response from my family who owns the stores as well. I have a friend looking to package apple juice in bottles. Do you guys outsource your packaging?
    InkosTea: yes
    Joshrosinsky13: who does that for you?
    InkosTea: let me ask you something.
    InkosTea: aren't you just fishing for information from me?
    InkosTea: you don't own any stores do you?
    Joshrosinsky13: excuse me?
    InkosTea: HERE IS YOUR QUERY TO BEVNET:
    Hey People,
    I am starting a RTD Ice Tea Company with a very unique competitve edge. I have the recipes for one gallon at a time. How would I go about finding a manufacturer to produce it in larger quantities and bottle and label it. I am located in California. Any suggestions?

=please send respones to joshrosinsky13@aol.com

Thanks
    InkosTea: well?
    Joshrosinsky13: Looking at custom labeling our own bottles for our stores.
    Joshrosinsky13: originally
    InkosTea: yeah
    InkosTea: honesty is the best policy my man.
    Joshrosinsky13: I can't tell you the name of the stores. But most of our products are our own private label.
    Joshrosinsky13: now if you can do that for us, that would be super instead of us trying to find an outside company and starting over.
    InkosTea: um, I'll tell you one more time: Honesty is the best policy. Dont go to people and tell them you want their product in your 26 stores (yeah right) just so can bilk them for information.

InkosTea: nothing to say now eh?
    Joshrosinsky13: If your willing to outsource your recipe for another private label please contact me. Our business can do a MUCH better job moving your product.
    InkosTea: answer the question. Why lie?

No response.
    Ubiquity: Thy name is Inko.