Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi!

I'm conducting some research about the 16.9oz. single serve beverage bottle.

Does anyone have/know resources where I can find total sales of this size container? I'm trying to see whether it is going to be more or less popular in the upcoming years.

I'm not sure where you could find that information but I predict that Pepsi will introduce that size in vending and charge $1 for it then drop the 20oz size in vending. The reason being that for what ever reason the consumer will not spend a $1.25 for a 20oz out of a vending maching but will pay that or more from a c-store!
    Collector of soda cans - Most wanted can Goody Root Beer

Thanks for the insight.

ssssssssssssssss

<Pepsi Insider> Guest

PBG and PCNA will definitely NOT replace the 20oz package in vending for its 16.9 oz counterpart. The 16.9 oz package (16.9/6) has been stagnant in the CSD category since its launch this year, with the only upside being in Aquafina, not including Aquafina Splash and Sparkling. Want further proof? See how slow sales are on the 16.9/12pk Lipton Teas

My Dad's office has a 20oz bottle soda pop/water machine. The vending price has been $1.25 for a few years. This is the office's (of 80 workers)
    only pop/water vending machine.

My Dad says it gets restock just about every 7 to 8 working days. Given no choice this machine gets used and emptied all the time.

So even if the bottle size goes to 16.9; if the machine is at the right place, sales will be strong. A man's thirst does not care if a quarter or a few dimes are needed to quench it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-19-2005, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

What about a woman's thirst? A doggie's?

--The Interpreter, just asking...

LOL
    I thought "man" poetically implied all those beings who have a thirst for liquid refreshment from a soda pop machine at any given price. LOL

&lt;Oh, the work you make me go through to state the obvious. LMAO&gt;

There are about 3 or 4 producers of a 16.9 PET pcho (that's the soda neck finish) in the United States alone. Novapak, Airo, PVCC, and Marpak all are related companies to the 16.9 oz PET container. I do not think that there is a direct collector of total sales of bottles sold, more or less several independants.

Originally posted by &lt;Pepsi Insider&gt;:
    PBG and PCNA will definitely NOT replace the 20oz package in vending for its 16.9 oz counterpart. The 16.9 oz package (16.9/6) has been stagnant in the CSD category since its launch this year, with the only upside being in Aquafina, not including Aquafina Splash and Sparkling. Want further proof? See how slow sales are on the 16.9/12pk Lipton Teas
    the new 6pk/16.9 liptons (reg/diet & green teas) are selling pretty good around here
    Vault Sucks, Do The Dew