Bevboard

I have come up with some creative ideas for beverages but I don't know where to get my product developed. How do I go about finding a company to create the type of drink I would want to sell? TIA

It really depends on how much capitol you have, what type of beverage it is, size of container, etc.
    There are a lot of companies out there that are willing to help you develop your product as well as bottle/can it.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Hello,

I would recommend that you do research on the category of your beverage before spending your money. Try to do a business plan or at least an executive summary. Find out who the competitors are, how they sell, how much profit they make. Find out who can buy your product and how you would sell it to distributors and retailers.

Once this is done you can find a company that will bottle your product, I can recommend several depending on your geographic location.

If you need help with formulation, package, brand, taste, color, there are consultants that help you with this. I can also recommend people that can help you.

Thanks,

Jorge
    Jorge Olson<br />Liquid Brands Management, Inc.<br /><a href=\"http://www.LiquidBrandsManagement.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.LiquidBrandsManagement.com</a><br />Phone619) 852 6942

What is the minimum quantity for producing canned energy drinks (12oz.). We are developing a new brand/formula but want to start at a small initial run, we were told 200,000 was the minimum. Also what is the shelf life of these things since sometimes it takes time to build awareness to a brand. Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by Sockets:
    What is the minimum quantity for producing canned energy drinks (12oz.). We are developing a new brand/formula but want to start at a small initial run, we were told 200,000 was the minimum. Also what is the shelf life of these things since sometimes it takes time to build awareness to a brand. Thanks for your help.
    I have no idea what a minmum run would be. We bottle our own drink.
    Each canner/bottler/copacker will have their own guidlines. I'm sure quantity does affect price.
    Most drinks should last 2years, depending on sugar content,preservatves, vitamin/compund
    stability,etc.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Hello,

Usually the minimum run of canned drinks is about 5,000 cases each of 24 cans each case or 120,000 cans. There are some plants that do less.

The other problem is the cans themselves. Usually the minimum quantity is about 8,000 cans. Shelf life varies between energy drinks and sodas. Energy drinks usually have about 1 year of life but it will depend on the formula. Some can go up to 2 years.

Thanks,

Jorge
    Jorge Olson<br />Liquid Brands Management, Inc.<br /><a href=\"http://www.LiquidBrandsManagement.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.LiquidBrandsManagement.com</a><br />Phone619) 852 6942

Thanks for the info. Very helpful.