Bevboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posted this in the General Discussion area before I found this "Product Location" area, which is where it belongs...

I am looking for a local place in the New Jersey / New York area that sells Mr. PiBB / PiBB Xtra in bottles or cans. I've only seen it in fountains. I understand the reason has to do with Coke's agreement and bottling of Dr Pepper in this area. However, I thought there still might be some hope of finding it in the area, perhaps in a liquor store or somewhere? Thanks in advance.

Gary

Coke does Dr. Pepper here in Huntsville, Ala. and I can't find Pibb Xtra anywhere. Really sux.
    I like new, weird colas

Maybe there is a place out where we can order it and have it shipped? I looked at many in the past couple of weeks, and although they all seem to carry a large variety of sodas, I have yet to find one that carries either Mr. PiBB or PiBB Xtra. Hard to believe! Perhaps we'll get a reply here soon.

Originally posted by Gary C:
    Posted this in the General Discussion area before I found this "Product Location" area, which is where it belongs...

I am looking for a local place in the New Jersey / New York area that sells Mr. PiBB / PiBB Xtra in bottles or cans. I've only seen it in fountains. I understand the reason has to do with Coke's agreement and bottling of Dr Pepper in this area. However, I thought there still might be some hope of finding it in the area, perhaps in a liquor store or somewhere? Thanks in advance.

Gary
    We at the salute to soda have been informed that the nearest place to get Pibb/Xtra is in PA outside the Philly area, as well as Delaware.

I found Pibb Xtra a little downstate in Gasden.
    I like new, weird colas

I hear that Pibb can be found in the Scranton, PA area. I am wondering if anyone has seen it east of Scranton, maybe in the Matamoras area near Port Jervis, New York?

Hmm. I am not 100% sure of the territories out there. I haven't lived up that way for a few years. But I'll do my best.

Coca Cola New York (aka CCE NY) has northern New Jersey as well as metro NYC and some of central NY, like Albany, Glens Falls, and Syracuse. Some of their markets don't have Pepper, but I don't know which.

Herbco used to have the territory in NE PA, but CCE bought them out last year, and the PA territories joined up with the Eastern Great Lakes Division of CCE. Their Pepper coverage is spotty, but I don't recall seeing Pibb in their non-Pepper areas.

In the greater Allentown area, ABARTA is the Coke bottler, and they do have Pepper.

Honestly, my best guesses would be Harrisburg, Lancaster, York, or Maryland.

I can tell you that Harrisburg definitely does not have Pibb or Pibb Xtra. York and Lancaster may have it. I know that Chambersburg had Pibb as of about 6 months ago which was the last time I was down there.

Also, I did see Pibb Xtra on a trip out to Western PA recently. It was in a PA Turnpike rest area (their rest areas include Burger Kings, Sunoco Stations, etc). If I remember correctly, it was about 1/2 hour west of the Blue Mountain exit.

It looks like a losing battle, trying to get specific information on the closest store where I can find Pibb anywhere within reasonable distance of northeast New Jersey. I contacted a couple of bottlers in the northeast PA, and NY areas, both of which were no help. One of them referred me to the Rochester bottler, but I have not contacted them yet.

It seemed like the closest area to find it was in northeast PA. The further east, the better for me. So with Coke being no help, the only way is word of mouth I guess.

Ok, I work for CCE, in the Mid-Atlantic Division. That includes most of Maryland, plus southern Delaware, parts of Virginia and North Carolina. We sell Pibb Xtra. I guarantee it.

CCE Eastern Great Lakes has Pibb in some of their areas, but not in others. They still have Pepper franchises from the days when the bottlers were independent. I know a good portion of NE Pennsylvania has Pepper. but like I said before, I don't recall seeing Pibb in the areas where Coke didn't have Pepper.

But in the markets that were previously part of the old CCE Capitol Division (Sunbury, Lancaster, Harrisburg), they should have Pibb. But it looks like Harrisburg doesn't.. Not sure why, since Pepsi has Pepper up there. I can only vouch for Lancaster, since I go there often, but haven't been in the other two markets for quite some time.

Central Coca-Cola also has Pibb. They own the Coke bottler in York, PA, which covers York and Adams counties, probably even further west in PA... And down into Maryland, with the western three counties. They have Pibb there as well.

Chambersburg should have Pibb. they are Central Coke, coming out of Hagerstown.

I can guarantee you won't find Pibb in NJ. Northern NJ is CCE - NY and Southern NJ is Philadelphia Coke. Both have Pepper franchises.

Hmm..........A thought. Central doesn't actually can anything. they buy their cans from Mid-Atlantic Canners, who are in Hamburg, PA. That really isn't that far from NE NJ. Maybe you could call them and find out what bottlers they sell Pibb Xtra to.

If you're ever in the mood to come down to Maryland, it's about a three hour drive from NE NJ. Just stay on 95 south, and get off at the second exit in Maryland, which is MD 272. Take this south. You'll come to a light, and go straight across US 40 and make the first right. There's a Food Lion there that carries Pibb. The Acme across the street might have it, but that store really is a dump and I wouldn't go there, personally.

We also have Mad River and Mello Yello, as well as MM Fruit Sodas (grape and orange) both in cans... We actually have 25 different kinds of 12 pack cans.

The bottler in Rochester is CCE, part of the Eastern Great Lakes division. I think that was old Chicago Coke (Herbco) territory.

Buffalo is Abarta, though. Their website lists Pibb as part of their portfolio, but I have been told that Abarta is very slow to update their website. Don't know if they carry Pibb still. I would call ahead to make sure.