Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, I understand that Cheerwine was supposed to be FINALLY sold in the Atlanta area, which should have been an obvious move to make since the beginning. I also saw 2L bottles in the grocery stores soon after the big announcement. Come two weeks or so after that, the town is completely dry. WHY? I expected a gradual introduction from just 2L bottles to 20oz in gas stations, and 12oz 12 packs in stores, but not so. I haven't seen ANY Cheerwine in Atlanta for weeks!!! I would really like to know what's going on, if anybody has a theory or knows.
    <a href=\"http://www.cheerwine.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.cheerwine.com</a>

I honestly don't know, I really don't even know if the small house that was selling it in the greater Philly region still has it, either. I do remember the rep I used to talk to told me that his boss (owner) was a little suspicious of the company/guys he dealt with (not sure of specifics). Was Cheerwine doing the distribution? or someone else?

Cheerwine is abundant in Roanoke VA and the Carolinas.
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

I am so happy to see All-American Bottling Company of Louisville, KY & Seymour, IN (AKA - Big Red Bottling) finally selling Cheerwine regular and diet. They are carrying it in 12 packs and 20oz. PET. They deliver some of their products to some of the far south suburbs of Indianapolis. I stocked up today and will continue to when I buy Big Red. I purposely drive to the south side because I prefer to buy products from All-American instead of ABC because All-American has better tasting product.

Cheerwine has come to Texas, too! Two bottlers, one in Beaumont, and good ol' Temple Bottling in Temple, TX, have started making it. I'm going to be travelling through Beaumont in a few days and i've got to pick up a case or two!

I bought a couple of 12-packs of Cheerwine while I was in Southwest Louisiana yesterday. I also bought a 20 oz. bottle that's in a Dr Pepper angle style plastic bottle. I didn't find any 2-liters in the stores I went into, though.

I've only had Cheerwine in longneck bottles before, and I noticed that the cans taste different. I haven't opened the 20 oz. bottle yet to see if it has a different flavor.

regular Cheerwine in the bottles is made with cane sugar but cans/PET use HFCS ... maybe that accounts for your taste difference?
    90 years of Cheer...1917-2007

That might be the case, and it might not. Pepsi Blue fans like me noted that plastic bottled Blue tasted a lot different than canned Blue. I don't know why that was, but it was true.

And I drank the 20 oz. Cheerwine when I went to work this morning, and it didn't taste as good as glass bottled Cheerwine. The 20 oz. bottle also seemed kinda flat. And the strange thing I noticed about it, the bottle's cap said "Bottled by the Dr Pepper Bottling Company of Texas, Dallas, TX 75265", which is my area's DP bottler, but we don't get Cheerwine here. I'm wondering if the reason we don't have Cheerwine is because we still have Red Fusion?

[ 08-10-2004, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: Shatter ]

There is a Cheerwine plant where I live, in Wilmington, NC. Here is a link from their website that might help you find your brew: http://www.cheerwine.com/index.cfm?f....NorthCarolina . BTW- ever heard of Hineywine?

You can find it in the glass bottles with the cane sugar in upscale stores throughout the Western USA. I like Cheerwine; it's its own unique beverage.
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!