Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've been looking in south texas and can't find an Mr. green. can anyone help?

It's definitely not in northern Texas. I've only seen it once before personally, on a trip through Louisiana. And my local Pepsi rep told me that they have no plans to ever bring it to north Texas.

[ 03-30-2003, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: Shatter ]

I would think it would be in any area that is Pepsi PBG. Some pepsi ind. even have it.

Don't bother...mr. green is terrible.
    Give Me My PiBB!<br />--<br /> - Clarke

Also in areas where Dr Pepper isn't under Pepsi control. Here DP is, but we saw Mr. Green in 20 oz. here accidentally for about 2 weeks. It never re-appeared again, and only appeared at Giant Eagle.

yes clarke, and so is sprite remix and a whole slew of fanta flavors but most people on here are not as loyal to the first person or company that gave them a job making 6 bucks an hour such as you are.
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

I think they call it Mr.Green because thats what color you turn when you drink it. I suppose someone likes it though. Thats all that matters!
    THUS SAITH THE KANKING: If it's not in an Aluminum can, It should go in the garbage can!

I've seen it in the Texas Panhandle. But I'm guessing it's probably not worth the drive from south Texas.

Actually, it's pretty decent, but it's not something to really seek out. I had one when it first came out (found in Baton Rouge, LA) and I liked it. But I wouldn't deliberately drive back there just for a Mr. Green. I've seriously thought about driving back for some of those old-fashioned embossed longneck bottles of Barq's Root Beer, maybe a case of Abita Root Beer, a couple of cases of Mello Yello Melon, that kind of thing. And while I was there, I might pick up a couple of 20 oz. bottles of Mr. Green just for the heck of it. Along with some 20 oz. Barq's French Vanilla Creme Soda and Red Creme Soda. And maybe a Deleware Punch or two. And some Blue Nehi. And some Big Punch. (Big Punch is in the same line as Big Red and Big Peach.) And possibly some Minute Maid Pineapple. Now that I think about it, I might have to rent a U-Haul trailer.......

Well, I'm going back through there in late June anyway to go visit my sister. I had better get started on a shopping list! I hope they still bottle Mello Yello Melon there. That stuff rocked!

I actually have a really lousy low-res picture of all those sodas that I picked up on the last trip down. I'll have to try to make some more avatar pics out of them! No pics of Mello Yello Melon, though. Anyone know where I could find some?

[ 04-29-2003, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: Shatter ]

If you go to Coca-Cola's press center, you can download pictures of their various brands.

Coca-Cola Press Center