Bevboard

In searching for the closest Pibb location to the Northern New Jersey / NYC area, I received the following response from GIANT supermarkets. I have not called the specific store to verify.

-----

Thank you for contacting us regarding the availability of a product in our
    stores.

I have followed up with our Beverage Department and was informed that the Pibb Xtra soda you are looking for is authorized for our stores to carry.
    The closest location to you would be our Lehighton, PA store located at
    1241 Blakeslee Boulevard, Lehighton, PA 18235. You may want to contact the store previously to make sure that have it in stock. If not, they can order it for you.

Again, thank you for contacting us. We value your business and look forward to continuing to serve your shopping needs.

This is why I guess it's better when Pepsi or DPSU controls Dr Pepper. Pibb is nowhere to be found then. Lehighton is around Allentown I believe, and I thought Allentown area was Abarta, who controlled Dr Pepper. Also when Coke controls DP it is an absolute monopoly except for a store brand, meaning Coke gets great sales from it and all sales for it, unless you really think Mr. Green is competition.

Bethehem is indeed the home of Lehigh Valley Coke, which is part of Abarta.

But Lehighton is in Carbon County, which I believe is outside of the realm of their territory.

It's probably CCE Eastern Great Lakes, formerly Keystone Coca-Cola (Herbco) -- and they are probably serviced out of the Mount Pocono, or Pittston or Pottsville warehouse. I'm not really sure.

I haven't been up that way in a while.. Only once or twice since CCE bought out Herb and dropped a lot of brands, and started trucking in their own cans, rather than buying from Mid-Atlantic Canners, which is what Herb did.

They're hauling them in from Twinsburg now in regards to the western territory of Herbco. I think the old brands they had gave them a good bit of identity as compared to other Coke bottlers.

It did give them identity to have those non-Coke brands, but average joe consumer doesn't think like that. It only takes people a little while to make the switch from A&W to Barq's or Sunkist to Fanta.

When I started at CCE NY (then Coke NY) in 1997, we had A&W. But by April of that year, we picked up Barq's, and C-S terminated the A&W rights. But we just started putting Barq's on our displays, in coolers and vendors, and so on. People would grab what was on sale, and Barq's simply replaced A&W for most people.

I personally like the indie Coke bottlers that pick up small brands like Switch or Cool Mountain. Even Central Coke sells Yoo-Hoo in some parts of their territory.

I have also seen some Baltimore (BT) cans in old Herbco territory. And most of of the 2 liters I saw were from CCE NY (KE, KM, KH). I did see some Fanta from RC, wherever that is.

Herbco used to produce 2 Liters in Pittston, I think the code was PI or PT.

I could really use some Mr. Pibb (NOT Pibb Xtra) for my Surge movie. Please help!

Fusion, we're one of them (Cumberland - Allegany County, MD)

ben Guest

when coca-cola got rid mr.pibb they dident eavin bring in pibb extra(i had to go all the was to alenta to get it)they just stared boattling dr.pepper