Bevboard

It seems that Diet Rite is becoming a leader for a "healthy" alternative soda, especially for the low-carb crowd (Atkins). Trouble is I haven't heard of anyone who can get but a few of the flavors across the country.

Ironically, here in Texas (Plano) DPSU makes the syrups but have no one bottling any flavor but cola in TX. According to this link "Low Carb Magazine" the Diet Rite flavors now include: White Grape, Black Cherry, Red Raspberry, Tangerine, Kiwi-Strawberry, Mango Melon, Lemonade, Pink Grapefruit, Iced Mocha and Golden Peach.

Who is bottling these flavors and how can someone get their hands on them. I have a list of friends who are also very interested. I live in San Antonio, Texas.

Thanks,

Brad L.

I can tell you Cola, White Grape, Tangerine, Red Raspberry can be found locally. Down in VA, I have seen the Strawberry Kiwi. Other than that, I haven't seen the others anywhere else. Knew there was a Black Cherry and a Golden Peach, never heard of the other ones. I'll keep looking.

With all the strength of DPSU in TX, it surprises me they only have Cola. Must be your region, I figure they'd have more of a variety of the stuff than they would in MD where RC barely means anything, locally they finally acquired a big product in 7Up at the first of this year.

We did have the White Grape and (I believe) Kiwi-Strawberry several years ago, but they just didn't last. Haven't seen those here in the Plano-served Dr Pepper area since the early to mid 90's.

Dr Pepper of Texas, being part of DPSUBG along w/American Bottling would make you believe they have them. American Bottling has White Grape, Tangerine, and Red Raspberry all the time, in 2 liters and 12 packs. I believe Canada Dry Potomac in the DC region offers a few more even.

I'd say that magazine is out of date. They recently revamped the line, and it's down to seven flavors. I'm on the other side of the country, so I can't help you there. Call DPSU to ask them where you can find it.

(800) 696-5891

I've seen most of the flavors here in Huntsville, AL
    I like new, weird colas

In ohio-- the usual 4- cola, white grape, red raspberry and tangerine.