Bevboard

Thread: coke 2

Coke 2 never heard of it what did it taste like??

Coke II is just a new name for New Coke, the Coca-Cola Company's amazingly STUPID replacement of regular Coke. They got rid of Classic Coke and replaced it with a Pepsi-like cola. The whole thing exploded in their faces, nationwide people boycotted Coke products and protested outside Coke's headquarters until regular Coke was brought back. I haven't drank it since the mid-80's, so I can't really recall what it was like too much.

It was good But yes it was a huge disaster for Coke. You can still get it somewhere in the far east (asia)
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

I don't remember Coke II but I do remember trying New Coke back in the late 80's when I was a kid. Is New Coke the same thing as Coke II?
    Be American, buy American.

Yup same thing they just changed the name in the early 90's i think.
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

Where can you still get it. I didn't hate it at the time. I really didn't care. It wasn't like the flavor for Coke is written in the Bible or anything.
    THUS SAITH THE KANKING: If it's not in an Aluminum can, It should go in the garbage can!

damn.. I used to get Coke II all the time, it was a nice change of pace from regular pepsi and coke (always seemed like a mix of the two to me).

COKE II was everywhere in the burbs of Chicago til not to long ago, and didnt even notice it was gone until I wanted some again

Last time I found it was Dec '01. I have a case of it here, the ones that haven't disintegrated I will sip every once in a while. I don't think it's safe to drink anymore Found it at a Cub Foods outside Chicago.

When CCE bought out Hondo, they "canned" it (pun?)