Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Today while in Yankee dollar, I found 20 oz plastic nehi in orange flavor and cherry rc cola. Now i never had had nehi like that before and i often hear about that product in glass. Does it exist? if so where? I'm in upstate ny and would love to find it! I know you guys love the hunt so nothing like a new one
    Drink soda in Glass Bottles,the way the little guy lays the smackdown on big 2\'s plasta-paradise.

Nehi glass can be found online. It's also produced by Dr Pepper West Jefferson, NC. I've seen it in various places in the Carolinas.

Problem with Nehi anymore is it's owned by Monarch I believe. DPSU sold it off when they bought RC in 2001, because of already having 2 more established flavored soft drink brands in Sunkist and Crush.

I recently purchased Nehi in long neck glass bottles. I took a trip down to the Amish country in central Ohio and stopped at Sommers General Store in Berlin. They had Nehi(orange,grape and peach), Cheerwine, RC, Dr.Pepper, Mountain Dew, 7up and A&W root beer. All glass and all bottled by DR Pepper Bottling, West Jefferson, NC. They also had glass Red Rock(cola and ginger ale),Dr.Enuf(reg. and cherry), Crush, Sioux City and Cool Mountain.

Originally posted by teamtitan512:
    Problem with Nehi anymore is it's owned by Monarch I believe. DPSU sold it off when they bought RC in 2001, because of already having 2 more established flavored soft drink brands in Sunkist and Crush.
    And you mean 3 other brands: Crush, Sunkist, AND Welch's.

Actually, NEHI is still a DPSU product, or it was the last time I bought cans of it. (In July or so)

Nehi is still bottled under the authority of DP/SU. A check of Monarch's site doesn't indicate they own that brand.

I saw somewhere that Monarch acquired the rights to Nehi because DPSU wanted to concentrate on their brands, and not bother w/Nehi. Made sense to me. Sunkist, Welch's, and Crush are in more territory.

When I drove through Temple, TX, I went looking for Nehi in town but didn't find it. I know that Temple Bottling Co. has made it in the past. I have a couple of bottles from there. I was wondering if something had happened with Nehi.

NEHI IS SILL AN DPSU PRODUCTS.

Are they ashamed of it? I've never seen a mention of it on www.dpsu.com.
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

They are. The only place where it's in mainstream abundance is around Louisiana, where Coke does it for some reason. Bottling is screwed up down in LA, Crush is Pepsi, and Nehi Coke. I think some of those permeate into other genres like ginger ales and root beers too.