Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm down to my last 16oz bottle of this amazing stuff. Is it available anywhere north of North Carolina? I found it in abundance around Charlotte, especially in Gastonia and Concord. Those little bottlers sure know how to take care of this awesome brand.

I can find Sundrop in southern Delaware.. and I see it in Pennsylvania from time to time, imported by a 4th tier distributor. But no Cherry Lemon, unfortunately.

You can find regular Sun Drop in Western PA anywhere from Altoona west, from American Bottling, but definitely no Cherry Lemon.

Cherry Lemon is all over Western NC. On my side around Raleigh it hasn't been seen in several months.

Looks like www.sundrop.net may be your best bet if your not taking a trip south anytime soon.

Off topic but in Gastonia I got some Sunkist Peach.
    I wouldn't recommend it.

I ordered a 12-pack from their web site, and it came in yesterday. Man, you guys are right. This stuff is good! But if you order it, realise that just one 12-pack will cost you a little over $20. The 12-pack didn't cost that much, but the shipping cost twice it's amount. It was packed really securely and it only took 4 days to get here.

Hey Shatter,

Which bottler does their stuff come from? Does it say Tullahoma or Gastonia on it?

It's bottled in Gastonia, NC by Choice USA Beverages.

[ 10-08-2003, 03:43 AM: Message edited by: Shatter ]

I drove to Tullahoma, TN back in March. It was rumored that they were one of the bottlers test marketing Sprite Remix. Of course, by the time I got there that info had been leaked and from what I can guess it was immediately pulled from the shelves. At the Wal Green's (or maybe it was a Rite Aid) is where I found the Cherry Lemon Sundrop in 12 packs.

Do we know if it's shipped in, or do they bottle it locally as another plant for Choice USA? I know ABC has several plants but all the cans say "Darien, IL" on them, including near Chicago, Columbus OH, Ottumwa IA (I think), etc. Since the sundrop dot net web site is based there, that's my assumption.

I doubt it's ABC. TN is All-American Bottling territory I believe, so I doubt ABC has a plant there.

I never said ABC bottled cherry lemon! I used them as an example of one bottler name and city appearing on cans produced in different locations [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well, I have personally been to Gastonia. Choice USA has their own "private label" type sodas, plus they have Sundrop, and I think they also run some other stuff like Cheerwine. I remember seeing their billboards around town. I wish I had checked out their production facility, but I didn't have a good map of the area, and no phone book, either.

You can tell if it is Gastonia by the code on the bottle. Their code is "GS."