Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cro-Pak, since getting 7up, has been really pushing their 3rd and 4th tier offerings, being very subtle about it yet catching on.

If anyone would like a $1 Jolt Blue or red, there is a vending machine outside of the Wal-Mart supercenter at exit 15, Wilton, off of I-87, upstate NY. They also have dnL, and one I rarely see, Sunkist Grape.

Also, the truck stop at exit 16 carries "Upper 10" and Nehi grape and orange, and RC Cherry in 20 oz shipped in from RC Chicago. The Nehi and RC cans show a sub-cro-pak bottler - Bev Pak of Scotia, NY. I have never seen them before. Apparently, its part of Cro-Pak/Adirondack/Polar.

verrrrrrrrry interesting. tell us more.

there was someone else on here, splitlevelP and she said there wasn't anything special about NY. sounds like there's some variety.
    woot woot

Sounds interesting. Valley Beverage, who receives product from RC Winchester, had Sunkist Grape here before we started seeing Welch's, now we barely see any Grape sodas here, if we see any, it's only Welch's that can be found.

Jolt only in Cola however, along w/Vernor's Ginger Ale and Hires Root Beer can be bought in Morgantown, WV by a cooperative bottler of 3rd tier/4th tier stuff there, selling it alongside the DP, 7Up, CD, A&W, RC, Sunkist, and Big Red they get from ABC.

Upper 10 I found in cans in a small store in PA from RC Winchester. They didn't use to have 7Up rights, but got them, so I figure these cans are probably very out of date.

Paul's Beverages of New Castle, PA, who bottles Jolt for all of the distributors around this area is also producing their own line of Paul's sodas. I bought a Cherry one at a High's convenience store in Maryland last week.

I also found Abita Root Beer at a liquor store on the Maryland/Delaware state line a few months ago.

All the Jolt I ever find in the northeast, including in that machine and in New England, is from Paul's in PA.

What else is up that way DJ Brian? I'm hoping to take a quick overnighter just over the border in Vermont.
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

Well, here we're in a little micro-pepsi cosm. It's all the same products you find in the Albany pepsi market, except they are from Clinton's Ditch Cooperative in Cicero, NY. For some reason though the third tier market changes here. Not as many options in Warren County as in Saratoga county. If you need 12 packs Squirt, they're hidden in the outlying towns. Oh. Go figure, only the mobil's in the Glens Falls area have Nehi grape and orange, RC Cherry, RC, and Sunkist grape in some spots too. If you wanna pick up anything in particular, let me know off list and I'll meet up with you and give you the tour hehe. Once you cross into VT, CCE has DP (and now ZERO Red Fusion), Crush Orange is bottled by pepsi. Caffeine free Mt Dew is there but now only in 2 liters. I'm ticked cause I wanted to get cans and of course when I go up there, it's gone. There is a Shaw's right on the border off exit 2 of US 4 that you can find some of this stuff at, or go 20 miles to Rutland for a Hannaford, Grand Union (soon to be Shaw's), Price Chopper, and P&C. What are you looking for?

Just stuff thats not around the Corning/Elmira area. Also a chance to hit some of the grocery chains not down here in the Southern Tier so I can get some cans of their Dr Pepper copies. Cro-pac's stuff is down here but the closer to Rochester I get the more I find.
    Also hoping to find some regional stuff such as the Foxon stuff someone just posted.
    I always go south when I travel. Never been east of Albany. Want to do something different.
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

well don't bother going straight east from Albany into Bennington, their market is basically the same as Albany's. You have to come up here through Glens Falls and then go over to Rutland/Killington area in VT. They have a "Vermont Soda" at the convenient stores up there, I haven't tried it yet. It was in root beer, creme, and orange creme. New Hampshire is where it used to be cool but even they've toned it down a bit. NH was one of the first to sell Mello Yello Melon, but it's since disappeared from there

The Pepsi products still say NEW YORK on the rims of the cans? I remember that on regular Pepsi last time I was in NYC.