Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know some people who still prefer Tab to other diet colas. I tried it in the past and hated it - that awful Saccharin taste! Tried it the other day and it wasn't bad at all - better than Diet Pepsi.
    Maybe it's because I've gotten myself to be able to drink Diet pepsi - due to too many places (like theaters) that carry it only and not Diet Coke. This shows how bad Diet Pepsi is.
    Unless Tab now uses some sweetener other than Saccharin.

Tab is still mostly Saccharin, although it does have some Aspartame. Tab is one of the few diet sodas I drink on a consistant basis (it and Minute Maid Light Lemonade) Kroger or Food Lion one of the other usually has Coca-Cola 12 pack cans for $2.50 or $2.79, and all brands, including Tab, are also on sale. Distributed by Central Coke and canned by Mid-Atlantic Canners.

Mid-Atlantic CCE sold tab in 6 pack 20oz form, but that went away when CCE abandoned 20oz 6pk in all flavors for the new 6pk 24oz. They started producing Tab in 6pk cans instead.

MAC has produced Tab 12pks for a long time.. I remember seeing them a few years ago in the old 3x4 12pks.

Philadelphia Coke also makes Tab FPs.

Central sales centers are selective as to whether they carry Tab. It's no longer available in Western Maryland, but still seen in Western Virginia, like Staunton and Harrisonburg.

I still see Tab at the local independant stores, like Nob Hill. Yet, I see Diet Coke all over. Go figure. Just like Mr. Pibb & Cherry Coke are to be found around here.
    Life is too short to drink crummy sodas...

Consolidated has it all over this area in fridgepacks.
    90 years of Cheer...1917-2007

I heard Tab is dying a slow death in North America. It has been for over a decade now, becomming more and more harder to find.

not so, it's actually been at a consistent rate in michigan. it's increased as a result of the discontinuation of 6pack cans and with twelve pack cans instead. no plastic at all though, but tab drinkers know where to get it. it seems tab drinkers are the most fanatical, kinda like our surge drinkers [img]smile.gif[/img]
    woot woot

Seems consistant here too, also helped by the conversion from 6 packs to 12. Years ago I was paying $2.99 for a six pack of Tab, now I get a 12 pack on sale for $2.50.

However Wal-Mart here hasn't carried Tab in a few years, I think it's the only fridge pack they don't have.