Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My local Coca-Cola Bottler has stopped bottling Barq's Diet Root Beer. I live south of Boston, MA. I am searching for a way to get my favorite beverage. The easiest & cheapest way appears to be get a Bag in a Box shipped in and mix it myself (I don’t like carbonation, so I don’t mind that it is will be flat). Can anyone tell me if they have seen Barq's Diet Root Beer available at a fountain machine near them?

Thanks,
    JasonE

I've never seen Diet Barq's on tap anywhere. I'm not sure that diet root beers would be popular enough to put into a soda fountain. Here's the web site of the New Orleans home town branch of Barq's, maybe you can contact them and privately order a bag-in-box of syrup. http://www.barqs.com/

I have already contacted Coca-Cola Enterprises, the offices in Newton, MA and Atlanta both said that they did not carry BIB for Diet Barq’s Root Beer. I was just checking to see if anyone has ever seen it in a fountain. I did find one private bottler in CT that carries 12oz cans but that can get pretty pricey. As I said before BIB would be the cheapest, but if is not available so be it.

Thanks,
    Jason

They quit carrying Diet Barq's in MA? Surprising. I always thought of that as a strong root beer area. I do know it's still sold around DC. You might want to get help from a member here from that area, like Fusion or something. I'd think his sales center in MD has it.

I don't ever recall havn seen Barq's diet in BIB, however, LA still has it in cans. Since you're in Boston, Coke of Northern New England may be able to help you out as well. (You may have to go to New Hampshire to get it, but that's not too bad)

Dallas has it in cans, too. It's just that Barq's headquarters is in Louisiana, so they'd be the most likely to have Diet Barq's bag-in-box.

Diet Barq's is readily available in most of Maryland, the greater Philadelphia area, and Southern New Jersey (the latter two being Philadelphia Coke). It should also be available in northern NJ and metro NYC, but I can't 100% confirm that. I do know that they did produce it in 2 liters. Not sure about fridgepacks.

The greater Boston area is served out of Needham Heights (CCE New England HQ).

I assume you're talking about Coke Southern New England (New London CT) when you mention the private bottler. They buy their cans from Mid-Atlantic canners in Hamburg PA.

You might also try Coke Northern New England. They have territory in the northeastern part of MA (along with most of ME, NH, half of VT, and a small part of NY). They also have territory in eastern MA -- I'm not sure what that part is actally called -- I do know they have a facility in Sandwich. That's who I'd call next, if I was you.

The only diet RB I've ever seen on tap was A&W, in the A&W restaurant.

As for Coke of Southern New England, I wouldn't count on anyone buying from MAC having Diet Barq's.

Here, Central Coke has no Diet Barq's, period, in any size. I doubt they make it, but they could.

MAC does make some products that not all their bottlers carry. They do produce Northern Neck and Diet Northern Neck in 6pks and fridgepacks, mostly for Coke Northern Neck.

They are also producing 8oz cans now.. Does Central carry 8oz?

Kokomo Coca-Cola Bottling carries 8oz cans from MAC.