Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

After looking for Fanta Red Cream Soda for years, I have been thrilled that for the past year, a select few Jewel grocery stores in Chicagoland have carried Barq's Red Creme Soda. But I've only been able to get it in 12 packs and not every Jewel store carries it. The other grocery stores in the area (Dominick's & Cub Foods) never had it when I've looked.

My question is, how is this product distributed and is there any reason to believe this is a limited run and I should stock up? If I started to see it available in more stores in the area, I wouldn't be as concerned as I am that it may disappear from my local Jewel store at any moment.

What is the production code on the bottom of the cans. It should let us know if it is from one of the Chicago facilities or if it is being shipped in.

if i recall, the production code i saw when i went through indiana is PR
    woot woot

CCE Tri-States does produce Barq's Red Creme from plant (PR)-Portland, IN, (HO)-Indianapolis, & (CN)-Cincinnati. (CN) also produces Diet Red Creme. We see products in Indy usually from (HO) and (CN). CCE sells alot of Barq's Red Creme Soda here. It is also bottled by Coca-Cola Bottling Kokomo in PET and distributed in cans there from (HM)-MAC.

[ 05-18-2004, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

I found it in part of South Dakota. I know for sure they had it in Rapid City. I've only seen in in one fountain here in Atlanta, and I wish it was sold more places.
    <a href=\"http://www.cheerwine.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.cheerwine.com</a>

Barq's Red Creme in bag-in-box? I never imagined....

Originally posted by bigrich:
    What is the production code on the bottom of the cans. It should let us know if it is from one of the Chicago facilities or if it is being shipped in.
    Here's the code on the bottom of one of the cans: DEC0604MDB0309. Also etched in the bottom is "1D" below and to the right of the production code.

Good News, Barq's Red Creme is produced at CCE's Chicago Main Depot. That may be a good sign it sells enough around the area and it probably won't disappear.

Does anyone know how far I would have to drive from Detroit to get this stuff? I bought some at Jungle Jim's and really liked it.
    If it\'s in glass, it probably kicks a@*

CCE-Plant (PR)-Portland, IN produces it. I believe they distribute to the NE Indiana Border with Michigan & Ohio. CCE Portland mainly distributes to the area previously served by Coca-Cola Ft. Wayne, IN, Richmond, IN, & Greenville, OH. They also produce 8oz cans for a much larger area including Indianapolis, Dayton, & Cincinnati.

[ 05-20-2004, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: bigrich ]