Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey Peoples...
    Where is the closest place to Greensboro, NC that sells Barq's root beer? I know of 2 vending machines at rest areas the other side of Raleigh that offer single cans, but I want 12 packs. I'd prefer the closest to the south, but if it's closer to the north or west, so be it. I'm craving it!
    Keep me posted about any Sparkling MISTICs!!!

I'd say the Richmond VA area. CCE's territory goes down as far south as Petersburg.. and I know that CCBCC is in Emporia.

85 north to 95 south, exit onto Wagner Rd West (48b). Turn left onto South Crater.

There is a Super Wally on South Crater, as well as a Food Lion and a Ukrop's (Richmond area grocery store.. they rule the roost there).

That's about a 3 hour drive. Much closer than CCE territory in Knoxville TN or Kitty Hawk NC.

There are also Sheetz and Wawa locations in Petersburg/Colonial Heights.. in case you were interested in checking out those two convenience store chains.

I thought that Barq's Root Beer was everywhere!
    <a href=\"http://www.melloyello.cjb.net\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.melloyello.cjb.net</a>

Consolidated has it in WV in Fridge Packs. Weird they don't have it in NC.

I know, it IS weird that we don't have it here. A lot of places had it in fountains here, but even THEY are quitting Barq's! A friend of mine went to DC the otehr week and brought me a 12pk as a gift...what a friend! I was hoping for closer, but I guess Richmond is it.
    One more question though...how about to the south opf NC? I may be going to Charlotte soon and may keep going further.

I thought Barq's was (getting this from the Coca-Cola website) "America's # 1 Root Beer"
    <a href=\"http://www.melloyello.cjb.net\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.melloyello.cjb.net</a>

Hey guys and gals.
    I went to Danville, VA to look for some Big Red today. Unfortunately I think it's gone from the area.
    BUT....at the Q&P station I usually go to, I was on the way to the Mistic cooler and the cooler that had the Big Red. I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I stared at it, closed my eyes, shook my head, took my glasses off, rubbed my eyes. There they were...TWO fridgepacks of Barq's!!! I thought this was a fluke, so I snatched both and got them to my car.
    Something told me to go to the Wal-Mart and Kroger a block away from the station, so I did. BOTH of those stores also had the Fridgepacks of Barq's! Neither place had 2L bottles, or 6pk of bottles...only fridgepacks.
    On the way back home, I stopped at Old Dutch Supermarket to see what they had. Out in the parking lot, I saw a Coca-Cola van. The rep was inside, so I asked him how far south his bottler's route goes. Next month they're going as far south as Reidsville, NC. Reidsville is the closest city to me! Now if only we can get it in the Greensboro area so I can get it at work!
    Now tonight I can sleep soundly knowing I shall never go thirsty again.

Coke is apparently going to be pushing Barq's big this year. CCE wants close to 100% availability in convenience/petroleum stores. They sent us a bunch of 30ยข off 20oz coupons to put on cooler doors.

So it sounds like CCBCC is consolidating some more routes and sales centers again.

Here at the new Wal-Mart, they're selling 6 packs for .98 as part of a grand opening special. Barq's is interestingly included in that sale. Haven't seen Barq's 6 packs here in years. Last time I saw them they were from CCE Mid-Atlantic 5 years ago or so.