Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm looking for a source for Schweppes Bitter Lemon. Year by year, my sources have been drying up (pun), and now I can no longer find my much loved Schweppes Bitter Lemon. I live in CT in the NYC area, have shopped all of Connecticut, Long Island, New York City and suburbs, northern and central New Jersey, and Pennsylvania out to the center of the state. When Crystal Beverage in Scranton, PA gave up their licence to Pepsi in Allentown, PA (they've decided not to bottle it), I bought the last of the inventory at Mid-State Beverage in Williamsport, PA. But it's all gone now. I've called Schweppes in Stamford, CT, been referred to offices in Texas, but all they know is who sells Schweppes, not who HAS Bitter Lemon. Can ANYONE PLEASE help me in my search, and Thank You, ... Thank You very much.

I've never seen Schweppes Bitter Lemon for sale. I do know Canada Dry Bitter Lemon is available. Schweppes though is a different story.

hey man, i've seen it produced out of darien/northlake illinois. some 7up, pepsi and coke distributors will have it. i have seen it in michigan. where are you located.
    woot woot

Dude, he's in CT. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I did a search on the board, and I posted a long time ago that I did see the Schweppes version in 10oz 6pk form, somewhere. Probably in southern Virginia. I did remember that it had metal screw on caps.. most 10oz glass uses plastic caps now.

You should be able to find the Canada Dry bitter lemon really easily. not that I've ever tasted either of them, but I figure that it would be a good substitute.

Pepsi controls Schweppes pretty much everywhere in the Mid-Atlantic.

If I see it out in my travels, I'll be sure to report back. Though you'd probably be better off just trying to get it from Michigan, or switching to Canada Dry.

Polar also produces a bitter lemon, in 1 liters.

Thanks, Polar is a little thin without much taste. More like weak soda. Guess I'll just keep hoping and looking.

I'm reluctantly living with Canada Dry right now (even worked for them for two summers while in college), but they're really a poor substitute for Schweppes. Schweppes Bitter Lemon had flavor, was dense and gave you taste. Canada Dry is just a filler.

Honickman's Pepsi and Canada Dry franchises have a production facility in College Point, New York. The Canada Dry glass I see down this way is from there. I'm not sure if he has a Schweppes franchise in NY, but it's worth calling them to see if they produce bitter lemon.

718-463-1990

SUCCESS!!

I knew I saw it somewhere. I was at a beer/soda place on the PA/DE border tonight, and I saw Schweppes Bitter Lemon 6 pack 10oz glass. With metal screw caps, just like I remembered.

It's produced by LE Farrell of Burlington Vermont. They're an indie Pepsi bottler.

Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 4010
    So Burlington, VT, 05406

Physical Location:

20 Karen Dr
    So Burlington, VT, 05406

Phone Number: 802-864-6000

Even in northern Vermont, it's not commonly found. A marketing guy at the bottler LE Farrell told me that "mom-and-pop groceries" tend to carry it, but on a recent trip I found it only at Yankee Spirits, a liquor store in Montpelier. It's sold in six-packs of bar bottles.

Another possibility that has turned up closer to home is the Union Jack in Peabody, MA, a store specializing in British food. They usually carry cans of Schweppes Bitter Lemon imported from the UK, but were out of it when I visited.

[ 06-15-2006, 02:26 AM: Message edited by: Browser ]