Bevboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

I know Dad's Root Beer isn't completely dead yet, so is there anybody still selling it? Here in Minneapolis it is one of the rarest soft drinks there is.

Head up to the Pine City Pamida store, they had it 2 weeks ago.
    Collector of soda cans - Most wanted can Goody Root Beer

Paul's Beverages in New Castle PA produces Dad's and Diet Dad's in 20oz. ABC in Northlake IL makes Cool Packs. I see them in the Giant grocery stores in Maryland/Virginia/Delaware/New Jersey (the store distributes it through their own warehouse).

i see dads in supermarkets here in jersey

I'm not sure how the franchising works for this product for my area, because Dad's isn't sold around here. However a few months ago, the smaller-market discount store chain Pamida (Shopko's brand for smaller market stores) started selling them in PET 6-packs. Bottled by, ack, American Bottling (ABC). Surprisingly, they didn't taste too bad, but when I tried one it was still very fresh, if I was reading the date code right. - and that's rare in my experience, an ABC product that tasted good. Anyway, since the third tier bottler in this area is Full Service Beverages(All-American), I've wondered why/how this ABC product is allowed to be sold here. I'm assuming that no valid franchise exists here in central Wyoming for Dad's RB, and that ABC delivers it in bulk to one of Pamida's distribution centers and they ship it to their stores themselves.

andy
    Give me some cane sugar Pepsi in a glass bottle!!

Niagara County outside of Buffalo, NY area.

Dad's Root Beer is sold across Western Washington, along with Bubble-Up lemon-lime soda, Dad's Cream Soda, Dad's Orange Cream and a few others. Not sure who produces it. I saw it at a Winco food store here. I see it mostly in stores served by the Supervalu warehouse, which there's one in Tacoma. I also see it in another local store, Marketplace, who gets food from Grocers Associaters in Seattle. UPDATE: 7/8/05 I checked the codes for DAD's line of sodas: it seems to have the same code as Shasta, which is produced in Tukwila, Washington. Code TK.

Originally posted by Android:
    I'm not sure how the franchising works for this product for my area, because Dad's isn't sold around here. However a few months ago, the smaller-market discount store chain Pamida (Shopko's brand for smaller market stores) started selling them in PET 6-packs. Bottled by, ack, American Bottling (ABC). Surprisingly, they didn't taste too bad, but when I tried one it was still very fresh, if I was reading the date code right. - and that's rare in my experience, an ABC product that tasted good. Anyway, since the third tier bottler in this area is Full Service Beverages(All-American), I've wondered why/how this ABC product is allowed to be sold here. I'm assuming that no valid franchise exists here in central Wyoming for Dad's RB, and that ABC delivers it in bulk to one of Pamida's distribution centers and they ship it to their stores themselves.

andy
    [ 07-09-2005, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Irishpepsi04 ]

There is no rule on products sent from the distribution centers as to the bottlers. It's why Canfield's product can come to Giant/MD in splash bottles from ABC, even though it's Canada Dry Potomac territory. Of course, a lot of bottlers (especially smaller ones) get products from a variety of bottlers to make their line, much like Valley Beverage does locally here w/their DPSU products, buying from both RC Winchester and ABC.

Giant/MD does indeed have Dad's in Fridge Packs in their drink aisles. However, being you live on Toledo Ave., I'm assuming you're in northwestern Ohio/southeastern Michigan. Quite a long drive to Frederick, MD. Jungle Jim's have it? Still a drive down into OH (Fairfield), but might be worth it.

I can find it here in Utah at Macey's. Don't know if that store is national, but that was the last place i saw it.

Beaver County, Pa has the Root Beer and the cream flavors.
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

In case you get sick and are craving it, Walgreen's makes cough drops flavored with Dad's Root Beer. Dad's isn't sold at all down here, but the cough drops are really good!
    Keep me posted about any Sparkling MISTICs!!!