Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coke Slammers

Hi,

Does anyone carry Coke Slammers?
    Can anyone tell me how they are selling?

here are photos of Coke Slammers.

http://hfs.washington.edu/dining/form.aspx?id=573
    http://hfs.washington.edu/dining/default.aspx?id=514

Thank you.

I have never heard of them. Either they are a fairly new brand or the local coke distr doesn't carry ...yet.
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

i have seen them a while back in some random gas station... cant remember where...

also, 500th post! hooray!

[ 08-05-2006, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Rob The SURGE Drinker ]

Gee Rob,
    I feels like your 5,000th post.
    Congrads on your posting. You always have good
    insights to share. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Zabe
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

I've seen them in a few places in NY, but VERY few places, it's like they do not exist.

They're sold in a lot of places here in central PA, and we'll probably be seeing more of them. Seems like everyone's getting into the milk business now. They sell okay here, and hopefully it will pick up. I enjoy the Milky Way and Three Musketeers occasionally. Peach Smoothie is very good. The Strawberry Smoothie tasted a bit artificial to me. I haven't tried any other flavors.

Due to limited production capacity, they were mainly sold in schools, and directly through some stores' warehouses (Giant-Carlisle, 7-11, for example). But they are now being sold in more stores.

Bravo! is the company that owns the brands.

http://www.bravobrands.com/

Thank you for your replies. Cokepa, please let us know if you see any trend developing in terms of Coke Slammers sales. I know they are on school campuses but I would like to know how popular they will be off campus with kids or adults. The following is a reply from the vending manager at University of Washington.

"Coca Cola Enterprises distributes the product. Because of the packaging, it is only dispensed out of the Dixie Narco glass front machines. It has been a great addition to the entire line of products Coke carries on campus, which includes the Dasani water and Minute Maid juice line. The Slammers have a very good shelf life which make it a good fit in locations where the volume flucuates during the academic and non academic periods."

I have had several accounts in my area carry them and get rid of them because they don't seem to be selling enough to warrant the shelf space.

I don't guite understand the concept of a milk based product being considered refreshment. I think people have an expectation of thirst quenching when they consume a beverage. Milk beverages are IMO a meal replacement. Or definitely skewed to the morning daypart.