Bevboard

Thread: 30 packs

Seems that the biz is lately being split between the 30 pack crowd and those that like a fine (and pricey) beer. many people now walk into a store and ask what 30 packs are available. Lots of brand switching that you didn't see to many years ago. Seems that the big boys are starting to lock themselves into a corner, the guy with the 30 pack gets the sales. Maybe thats just here in Michigan where price promotions must last six months by state law (wholesale). Whats happening where you live???

Here in California, I believe you can have a price promo for any amount of time, but it has to be submitted to A.B.C. 30 days in advance. The value Bud, Miller, Coors, Corona packs are definatly a big hit in many stores. But we still have a big market on the pricey Belgin Beers and California made Micros. Funny busines that keeps on changing, but thats what makes it fun.

hey all i heard that in texas/cali that there are budweiser and corona 30 packs. is this true?

usually i thought the 30 pack was reserved for miller high life, ice house, red dog, milwaukee's beast, beast light, busch and busch light. i think it's interesting that A-B has never had natural light in the thirty pack size, leaving that "super cheap swill category" to milwaukee's best when they want a thirty pack.
    woot woot

No, no Corona 30 packs. Biggest size is the 12 pack. Tecate has an 18 pack, and that is about the only place that Corona runs into any competition with the Mexican beers. Bud has the bigger packs, but you don't see them in most C-Stores.

I'd gladly give away a 30pack of Bud in exchange for a 12pack of Corona any day. Thirty Buds, and in cans no less??? Yuck!

Wow, if they had 30-packs of Corona in longneck glass... that would really be awesome!!! By the way I'm glad they finally upgraded their bottle caps; I have over 100,000 of the older ones with the words "Cerveceria Modelo, S.A. de C.V. Mexico"!!
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!

I am not much of a beer drinker so I do not frequent the beer aisle but I seem to recall seeing a 20 pack of Corona bottles around here. but then again it is 3.2 crap and not beer. oohh to live in the great state of Oklahoma who cant have beer higher than 3.2 unless you go to the liquor store and buy it hot. Maybe that is why I do not drink????????????
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

I thought only Utah was like that. OK is too? Wow, any other states that have rules like that?

in ohio you used to be able to drink 3.2 beer at the age of 18.

so in ok/ut, you can only buy 3.2 beer cold at convenience stores, but you can buy the 5.0 beer or higher WARM only? what if a bunch of brits come to town? they won't mind!
    woot woot