Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

I saw a buying a bunch of Jack Daniels hard cola the other day. I don't drink so I didn't buy any. What do you all think about it.

frankly, i think it's about 3 years too late. plus, any kid at michigan state has a fifth of jack and a 2L of coke ready. we don't need that stinking crap. there's no more room in coolers for all of those things, frankly, i hope they go the way of dry beers.
    woot woot

I think the problem is that all of those Malternatives are just that.. made from malt. So they add some flavor essence of Jack Daniel's or whatever to some cheapy gummy beer and some cola or lemon or whatever to that. That's why they taste kind of like odd sodas and make you sick the day after. It's better to either have the real stuff or just stick with a soda from a glass bottle.
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!

World Beverage Guest

It's all about being able to advertise
    the core name on tv.

I saw a commercial for this stuff last night. It really caught my attention. Has anyone tried it? What does it taste like? I prefer a good ol' Guinness or Newcastle Brown Ale, but I do love sodas too! So whats it taste like? Yay or Nay?
    Visit my Stewart\'s Museum at<br /> <a href=\"http://www.clemson.edu/~wlarkin/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.clemson.edu/~wlarkin/</a>

I tried it last week, it's just ok, nothing spectacular. Now, I will admit to drinking a few Molsons beforehand, so maybe my tastebuds were a bit off. To me, it was very sweet, perhaps a little too sweet. It had a slight Jack & Coke taste.

I may try one again without having any beer before, just to see if it makes a difference.

I have to agree that the biggest problem with these drinks is that you're not really drinking the alcohol the brand is associated with.

When you drink SKYY, you're not getting Vodka. When you drink Bacardi Silver, there's no rum. That's a huge mistake too, because some of those drinks would taste GREAT with the real brand behind them. Especially Bacardi Silver. I like the flavor a lot, but the fake rum syrup was crappy.

In the European markets they are allowed to actually put the alcohol they are promoting in the product. IE - Smirnoff Ice, has Smirnoff Vodka in it. I am not sure, but I believe the reasoning behind the malternatives in the States is that there is a certain alcohol rule! I believe it is higher up, rather than the companies making crap!

Actually, SKYY has vodka in it. It is a technique they learned from another bev. company. They put the vodka in the flavoring and then add the malt. A tiny loophole in the US Alcohol laws.
    The others are just malt based products. Personally, I did try Jack Daniels Hard Cola and thought it really did taste like a Jack N Coke.

Later

I AM REALLY SURPISED AT MY AMAERICAN COUSIN'S
    EVEN UP HERE IN THE FROZEN NORTH WE HAVE VODKA BASED COOLERS AND RUM BASED
    MIKE'S HARD LEMONADE IS VODKA BASED UP HEERE AND A LOT BETTER TASTING THAN THE MALT VERSION YOU HAVE IN THE STATES
    IS IT TRUE THAT YOU CAN'T ADVERTISE A VODKA COOLER